Chapter 9 "Howloween"

Five minutes after Randall got the garage set up, I pulled into the driveway. Everyone inside looked up once that door went up. I hopped out of my car humming triumphantly, and Emily ran up to me and frowned. "Where did you go mommy?" she asked. I stepped inside the garage and sat my purse on the counter before I sat down on a collapsible chair.

"Mommy went to invite Jack's friends over" I explained very cheerful and upbeat.

Jack and Randall both looked at me like I was crazy. "You what!?" they both shouted at once.

"Don't worry, I got this! You just do what you do" I told them with confidence, but it was more directed towards Randall. His nose curled and his hairs stood up, but my smile did not waver. "Trust me big bad. You protected me, now it's my turn"

Randall was apprehensive with this as he went to cut into the pumpkin with the knife. Emily looked at him oddly. "Why aren't you cutting that with your claws?" she asked.

He looked back at her and ripped off the cap he made in the top of the pumpkin and he shown how much thicker the gourd was compared to his claws. She laughed at him and grabbed the scooper beginning to scoop out the pumpkin guts. Jack looked towards Randall cheekily. "Does this feel like pulling guts out of peo...err an animal?" he asked.

"No, not even close. These are much too cold" He said causally as he crossed his arms over his chest. He then smirked at Jack and chuckled. "I love to snap bone and feel the hot blood dripping down my muzzle" he said as he pulled out a big wad of pumpkin guts and flicked it onto the newspaper. "It doesn't feel like cords of intestines and shredding muscle fibers" he spoke aloof.

Jack shivered and slowly reached for a sharpie to begin drawing the face he was going to cut out. He did not catch my love's deadpan humor, but Emily knew he was kidding well for the most part. "You're silly. You aren't scaring me, Chomper" she called him out.

Jack then went over by the box in the corner and pulled out a news article about Charlie. "Mom? Did dad try to kill you?" he asked before he showed me the clipping.

I stared at it coldly, and I thought back on that night, the night he found out that I was pregnant with Donatello's child. I told Jack and Emily about what happened. "When your father pushed me down those stairs, he did not care if I lived or if I died. He was punishing me for falling in love. He wanted Emily dead. I know he had Donatello killed. Your father is a pimp. I was his worker. He shouldn't have been able to get out of prison" I told him.

"A pimp? How could you get wrapped up into this?" he asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked away rubbing my shoulder. "After your grandda had spent all his money buying a farm over here and moving over here, I wanted to move over here with them. I had no idea how expensive going to university was going to be. Some of my friends got me into exotic dancing, and that's how your father found me. He groomed me to becoming a whore. I put a stop to those plans thank heavens" I explained.

"And Donatello?" He asked.

"Donatello was a cooler at a gentleman's club I used to work in. He helped me find my beauty after my body was scarred from pregnancy. He was a lot like Randall in some ways. Nice, Charming, Loyal, and Protective...he's not as big, scary, or wolf like, but the similarities are there" I mumbled.

Just then Cerberus started growling then got up from his spot. Randall got up and reached over to push the button to close the garage door. Jack could see four pairs of feet come around from behind the cars, which he probably recognized the shoes. He started to get nervous as the doorbell rang and Cerberus started barking his head off.