Chapter 6 "The Truth behind the Experimental Forest"

After I got by but chewed up by my grandmum, I guess I had to go and get ready for this sticking camping trip that I just found out about. I do not even like camping! But, a week of it? Are you kidding me? I cannot believe that they are doing this! It should be child abuse to make your kids stay out in tents in the mountains away from electricity and civilization for a week!

I filled my bag with as many batteries and electronics as possible. My bag was getting super heavy, and I could not really move with that thing on. That freaking Neanderthal picked my backpack up with just a pinky finger with a butt load of other things not even noticing my struggles with it. Something was just not right with him, and my mom had her blinders on. I did not think that grandmum would like this brute, but I was wrong. Am I the only one going crazy?

We drove for an hour, but it felt longer with my mom's music, it must be werewolf day. At least Randall was just as annoyed as I was with it. She seemed to get a good kick out of torturing us with loud screamo-emo music or that stupid Werewolves of London song. Then again we were dragged out into the middle of nowhere. Nothing but trees, mountains, and the lake. We drove past the H.J. Andrews experimental forest what was that all about. We are on across the lake, but what the heck is an experimental forest? What do they do there?

No one seemed to be worried about camping here, but no one at the campgrounds seemed normal either at Lookout Campgrounds we drove by, or Mona where we were staying at. The men were huge, hairy, and savage. The kids were extremely hyperactive, and I mean like really hyperactive. They were running up, down, around and through our campsites, the lake, or the forest, chasing each other, screaming, and horsing around. I heard about some mudslinging fight at the lake. It was just pure chaos and disorder while all the parents were getting their campsites set up.

My mum looked like she was having a horrible time trying to get the chairs set up. I cannot understand why she was so happy and did not mind those kids bumping in to everything. Emily and I stayed in the truck like we were surrounded by rabid wolves. I could have sworn they were foaming at the mouths.

I do not know what would happen if they bumped into the tents that Randall was building, but he had a huge tent. Well ours was pretty big, but holy crap his was a 20 person tent. I know he was a big guy, but that's a little overkill. But hey, my mum was a sucker for huge strong men anyway.

She looked towards us and opened the door to the truck coaxing us to come out to play with the kids. We both thought she was crazy, but all the kids set their eyes upon us. I could read their mouths saying fresh meat. I mean those teeth they were razor sharp!

Randall stared at us with the wicked most grin saying. "What's gotten you two so spooked? They're only just kids" he said.

Emily and I looked at each other and gulped. My mum just giggled and looked towards the kids unafraid. She bent over and lowered herself to their level. "Just so ye know. This is their first time camping...Why don't ye all show them how to have fun out here"

I could see some of the boys were looking down my mum's shirt, and I shot them a death glare. My mum started to whisper something into their ears, and they all looked towards Randall who shot them more of a scary than I could ever do. "Don't you even think about it!" he warned them.

Those kids looked like they were going to pee their pants, but my mum rolled her eyes at him and laughed at him. "That goes for ye as well, love" she told him placing her hand upon his chest firmly though it looked more like she was grabbing his leash and pulling him back. She looked over at us and shooed us off, which the kids sort of ran us off in a stampede. I want to fall and get trampled to death, but somehow Emily ended up even farther ahead than me; although, she was being pulled along by some girls.