Broken, Abused and Loved

Demetri

I looked down at her sleeping face, and sighed.

I promised i wouldn't leave, but i have a few things i need to do before she wakes. I know if she found out what i am about to do, she'd be very angry with me. But since she is coming to stay with me at my house, then this shouldn't be a problem to her.

I gently placed my hand between my shoulder and her cheek and slowly slid out beneath it. I gently laid he head back on the pillow. I stood there and looked down at her, just staring for a moment. I am very happy that she has made such a huge decision. I know it took alot to decide to stay away from that horrid man. But now that she was finally away from him, i would do everything to keep him away from her. And that's what made me decide.

I walked out of her room, and walked to the nurses station.

"Excuse me," i said, politely.

The nurse turned and looked at me, staring at my tattoo.

"If you don't mind, my friend in room 302 is finally sleeping, could you keep visitors away?" I pulled out my charming smile and stared in her eyes.

"Um, s-sure," she stuttered.

I gave her a beaming smile. "Thank you so much," i said as i bowed my head to her. I turned and walked away.

I sat in my car for a minute and rethought my decision.. i realize i have to do this, but it doesn't make it easy. I finally got Violet's trust and i am scared to do anyhting that would crush it. I sighed.

I turn the engine over and sped out. I am going to do this.

I headed down her street, passing the park.

I stopped in front of her house, hoping he was here.

I took a deep breath and stepped out, and headed up to the front door. I knocked, but heard nothing from inside.

I knocked louder. I finally heard someone cursing and stomping toward the door.

As soon as he opened it, my hand was around his throat.

"Hi." I said through gritted teeth. Eric looked at me, and grinned.

"So," he choked out. "You've come to be her knight in shining armor."

I scoffed. "No. She doesn't need a knight. I'm just tired of watching on the sidelines while you abuse someone. Instead of doing it to her. Why don't you do it to me?"

He started laughing. "Yeah, because your expressions would be so much better than hers. I have to say, seeing her blood drip down her face, the bruises on her body. Mmm. It was fantastic." He looked me in the eye, and i seen madness in them.

"What? You can hit a woman, but not a man? Scared i'll fight back?" I smiled, hopefully at him.

"I know you will fight back. I know who you are Demetri James. I know quite well." He started laughing.

I grimaced. He has heard of me.. of course..

I tightened my hand around his throat and he laughed harder, choking a bit, i loosened my hold.

"If you know me so well, why do you do this?"

"I'm not scared of you, like everyone else, guitar boy. Besides, what do you want with her anyways? Used and abused goods." He started laughing again. I knew i would get no satisfaction from hitting him, he would probably just laugh harder. It still didn't help the fact that i still wanted to. But seeing myself in Violet eyes, i didn't want to stoop to that, to stoop to being like him.

"Mm. Abused, yes. Broken, yes. Used, yes.  But loved. Not by you. I can give her that. You can't. Someone like you is incapable of love. That's why you abused her. Maybe you thought it was your form of love for her. Or maybe your just a sick and demented creature that enjoys the pain of others. Not anymore. You'll not lay a hand on her, ever again. Go ahead and send people to spy and watch us. Do what you will. But you'll never get close enough to harm her again. I'll be there to stop you every time. I promised her, and now, i will promise you." Maybe i am a bit of a knight in shining armor.. i laughed out loud about it.

"Heh. We'll see, Demetri. But.. what says she won't come running back to me? She still loves me, and always will. Maybe she likes the beatings just as much as i do."

I tightened my hold on his throat and flung him around, landing him on his back on the porch. I bent down on one knee and brought my face close to his. "Yes, she'll be angry at me for this, but i don't care. Come at her, and you'll be sorry." I spit on the floor next to his face. His eyes got wide and he stared at me.

I stood up and stared down at him. "Try me."

I turned and walked away. Violet would be waking soon, and i will be there.

-------------

i thought this song fit this scene perfectly.. in my head anyways. its heavy metal. Anyways. Give me some feedback. I think most of my fans will enjot this little development. =)