Chapter Thirteen: A Secret Is Revealed

Hey guys! Once again, I'm sorry for not updating in a very long time. I'm extremely busy with school and other stuff.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed your Thanksgiving Break so far. I know I did for sure. What things did you guys do during your break? I went to Jacksonville, I ate lots of food, slept, I went Black Friday Shopping, etc.

I need to stop talking so much, haha. Enjoy Chapter 13. :)

____________________________

*Recap*

"For the first time since my dad's death, I was happy. I was going to be reunited with Gale and this move gave me an opportunity for a fresh start. I met Annie, Finnick and Johanna and for once I felt welcomed. I saw you and a part of me felt whole again."

"This date really means a lot to me. I definitely won't ever forget this," I finished. He leaned down and kissed me. The kiss was short and sweet. "I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

*End of Recap*

.

.

*Katniss' POV*

Peeta and I had just finished having our very first date, and now we both standing in front of my front door. "I had a really good time Peeta. Thank you for taking me out."

"I had a good time too," He grinned. "And thank you for sharing some of your past with me even though you didn't have to. It meant a lot to know that you trust me enough to tell me your story."

I smiled. "Your welcome. It felt good to talk to someone about it. I also feel better knowing that you know my past and my story. It somehow released some pressure off of my shoulders."

He chuckled lightly. "I'm glad." I continued to hold his hands. "Maybe on our second date, you can share your story and your past. You can tell me more about your family."

"You don't talk about your mom to me. Maybe you can tell me things about your mom," I continued. Peeta's eyes grew dark at the mentioning of his mom.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to. I won't ask anymore. I promise," I said softly. His eyes returned to their regular shade of beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"I'm sorry. It's just- It's just-"

"It's fine Peeta. You don't have to explain yourself. I won't ask anymore," I said assuringly.

"Okay. Thanks," He said softly. I let go of his hands. "I should go inside. Uh, I'll see you," I mumbled. I opened the front door and walked inside, closing the door behind me.

I don't know why Peeta can't just tell me about his mother. What's the big deal?

I walked into the living room to see my mother standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. "We need to talk," She said sternly.

"About what?" I questioned. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out the condom that I threw on the floor before Peeta and I's date. Crap, I'm screwed.

"I found this near the front door. Care to explain why there was a condom on the floor?"

"I- uh - It's not what it looks like," I stuttered. "Gale gave it to me."

"Katniss Everdeen! You are 17 years old! Are you having sex?" She said outraged. "What? No! I'm still a virgin mom! Gale and Finnick gave it to me as a joke." I explained. "I promise to you I'm not having sex."

She sighed."Fine. I trust you. I knew that one day we would have this conversation. Just, be careful Katniss. I do not want to find out your carrying a baby at this age. I know I had you when I was 19, but that doesn't mean you need to have a baby around that age," She explained.