Chapter Eight: The Hospital Part 2

Hello guysss! I'm so sorry I haven't updating in a long time. I've been going through some family and personal problems and I've been extremely busy with all the testing at school.

I hope you guys can understand. Anyway, So I left such a cliffhanger last Chapter. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

Here's Chapter 8! Enjoy!

_______________________________

*Recap*

I won't sleep, eat or leave until I know that she's okay. I hear the door open and my head snaps up. I see a doctor walking in our direction.

I quickly stand up as the Doctor makes his way towards us. "Are you all friends of Katniss Everdeen?" We all nod and he motions for us to sit.

We all sit down in our chairs while the Doctor sits down in a chair of his own. He clears his throat and says,"I'm Dr. Westwood, Katniss' doctor. And I was told by Mrs. Everdeen to tell you the news about Katniss."

I swallow the lump in my throat as the Doctor sighs. He runs his fingers through his hair and says,"I'm sorry to inform you this."

*End of Recap*

*Peeta's POV* 

My heart is racing, But why? She can't be dead, I wouldn't let that happen.

The doctor sighs and says,"She's in  some serious critical condition. She has a head injury, a dislocated ankle and cuts and bruises. She's also slipped into a Coma."

My heart stops. "A Coma?" I echo. He sighs and nods. "She's lost a great amount of her blood, making her slip into a Coma. Her head injury may also be the reason why she slipped into the Coma." He explains.

I look at everyone else and they all look absolutely devastated, especially Gale. "You guys can see her, if you guys want to. She's in room 467." I hear the doctor say.

I look up and watch as the doctor walks away. I can't believe this is happening. I look at everyone else and no one seems to be moving,  so I do.

I get up from chair and start walking to the double doors.  I have to see her. I just have to. I open one of the doors and look for room 467.

My heart begins racing as I get closer and closer to her room. I get to her door and stand there for a little.  I can see Katniss' mother and sister through the small glass window on the door.

Her mother is crying while her sister is holding her hand. I grab hold of the door handle and open it. I walk in,  closing the door behind me.

Katniss' mother looks up at me. Her face is stained with tears and her eyes are red. I slowly walk closer to Katniss' bed.

Katniss' mother wipes away her tears and moves out of the way so I can be to able to see Katniss.  I sit down on a chair and look at the teenage girl in front of me.

She looks pale, limp and lifeless. She looks so fragile, like if she moved once, she would break into tiny little pieces.

I hear the door open. I look in the direction of the door and see the doctor standing. "Mrs. Everdeen,  may I please speak with you privately." She nods and motions at Prim to go with her.

Prim holds her Mother's hand and they leave the room. I look back at Katniss and gently hold her hand. I swallow the lump in my throat. 

"Katniss." I croak.  I sigh and a tear slips out of my eye. "Katniss,  I'm Sorry. Wake up please." I plead.

I gently kiss her hand and look up at her. "Katniss please." I whisper. I have this heaviness in my chest, like my heart aches.

"Wake up.  I need to see those beautiful eyes of yours again. Please wake up." I say pleadingly. I watch her and nothing.

There's no sign of her waking up. I let go of her hand as the tears begin to flow out of my eyes. I run my fingers through my hair and I walk to the door.

I open the door and walk out, passing Gale, Annie and the rest on the way out. What's happening to me?

My heart aches for her. For the limp,  pale, lifeless teenage girl. I shake my head. You love Glimmer. I keep reminding myself.

Katniss meant nothing to me. And That's the way it's gonna stay.

________________________________

A/N

Sorry it's short. And Sorry if there are any typos. Ahhhhh,  so I hope you guys enjoyed this Chapter. Its sad, I know. It'll get better in the mean time.

Also, I won't be updating again till school ends on June 6. Sorry guys.

Anyway,  until next time. :)

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

All rights reserved to Suzanne Collins. :)

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx