Chapter Two: The Victors & The Careers

Happy New Years guys! This year I'm just going live life, you know. I'm not going to have some stupid resolution list. I'll let everything just happen and live with it. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying. Lol.

What could I say about 2013? It was probably one of my best years. I had Graduation, I started Wattpad, I started writing stories, etc. I'm proud of all my accomplishments in 2013. And I hope for many more in 2014.

Anyway, I got some good feedback on Chapter 1. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story so far!

I've been shopping for the past few days and it's been interesting. Lots and lots of tourists are visiting the malls.

I'm hungry right now. Oh well, I'll get some after this. Haha. Here's Chapter 2! :)

_________________________

*Katniss' POV*

The bell rings signaling that school was finally over. Today was an interesting day. I made some new friends, well I guess they're my friends.

I walk out of the school and see Prim and Rory waiting out front. I smile and walk over to them. "Hey guys. How was your first day Prim?"

She smiles and says,"It was great! I made a new friend. Her name is Rue. She invited me over to her house to hang out. I'm waiting for her here."

I smile and say,"Well that's great. What about you Rory? Who's taking you home?"

"Gale." He mumbles. "Hey Rory and Prim." I hear Gale say behind me. "Hey." They both say.

Gale turns to me and says,"I'm going to take Rory home and then head over to the Bakery. Do you wanna come?"

I'm about to respond but a voice behind me says,"Don't worry Gale. Kitty can ride with me." I turn around and see Finnick standing there.

"Once again, my name is Katniss." I say walking over to him. "I know Kitty." I smile and shake my head. "Alright. I guess I'll see you guys there." Gale says to the both of us.

I nod and Prim says,"Rue's dad is here to pick me up. I'll see you later Katniss." I nod and hug her. She goes into Rue's car and they drive off.

I look at Finnick and say,"I guess it's just me and you." He nods and says,"Ready to go?"

"What about Annie?" I ask him as we walk to his car. He looks at me and he says,"Annie and Johanna left to her house real quick."

"Oh." I look at his car and it. looks. awesome!! "Oh my god Finnick! This car is amazing!" I say walking around the car.

"It's a Porsche." He says walking to the drivers side. "Yeah I know." I say still looking at the car. I walk to the passenger side and get in.

Finnick starts the car and we leave the school. "So Kitty. Who was that blonde girl you were talking to?" I look at him and say,"That's my little sister Prim. She's the best."

"What about you? Have any siblings?" I ask him. He looks at me for a second and says,"Yeah. An older brother. He lives in New York though."

"Oh that's cool." I say to him. We pull up to a building and I assume it's the Bakery. I only just moved here 3 weeks ago. I never took the chance to walk around and get to know the town.

We get out of the car and we walk in the Bakery. I see a grown man and a man who looks like he's 20 years old behind the counter. "Hey Mr. Mellark and Jay!" Finnick says walking over to them.

I follow him and the grown- I mean Mr. Mellark says,"Finnick my boy. I told you to call me Henry. Mr. Mellark makes me sound old."

Finnick laughs and shakes his hand. "Hey Finn. What's up man?" Jay says to him while they're doing their handshake. "Nothing much. Just trying to get through my Senior year." He says to him.