Chapter Seven: The Hospital

Helloo againn guys! I was sick the past few days and I'm glad to be up and running again. Being sick is such a drag.

Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. What did you guys think of the last Chapter? It was a bit intense, I guess.

Well, I hope you guys had a good day. Enjoy Chapter 7! :)

_____________________________

*Recap*

Peeta's head snaps in my direction and he runs over to me. He looks at Katniss with a worried expression. "She lost a lot of blood." Johanna tells him.

The paramedics rush over to us and take a look at Katniss. One of the paramedics takes Katniss from my arms and puts her on a stretcher.

They roll her inside the ambulance and they drive off, leaving us behind. "We need to get to the hospital! My car is still at school." I tell them.

They nod and we rush back to school. We all hop into my car and drive off to the hospital.

*End of Recap*

*Peeta's POV*

The drive to the Hospital felt like forever. When we finally arrived, I was the first one to get out of the car. I ran inside the hospital and ran up to the front desk.

"Excuse me. I need to know which room Katniss Everdeen is in." I say to the receptionist. "She's in surgery for her ankle at the moment, it will take awhile, so hold tight. Are you her boyfriend?"

I shake my head and say,"No, just a friend of hers." She puts a strand of her hair behind her ear and says,"Well, I cannot give you anymore information than what I gave you. Her family will have to be here to know and have an update on her health and condition."

I look at Gale and ask him,"Can you call her family?" He nods and leaves the group. "Until her family arrives, I can't give you anymore information. All you guys have to do is wait patiently."

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Okay. Fine." I mumble. I turn around and sit down on a chair. Annie sits next to me and I say,"This is all my fault."

"No it's not Peeta. Don't say that. It's Glimmer's fault if anything." Annie says gently rubbing my back. Glimmer. I totally forgot about her.

I can't believe she was capable of mentally, and emotionally hurting someone. The sick thing is, that after everything that happened, I still really like her.

I mean, it was truly mean and horrible about what she said to Katniss but, I still want to get to know more about her and keep seeing her.

Gale walks over to our group and says,"They're on their way." I nod and wipe my face with my hands. Gale sits down on the other chair next to me.

I look at Gale as he hides his face in his hands and starts bouncing his legs up and down. He must be really upset and angry about what Glimmer did to Katniss.

I don't blame him either. He has every right to be angry and upset with her. What Glimmer did was unforgivable. That's his best friend in the whole wide world.

In the pit of my stomach, I somewhat feel guilty. Because I feel like this was also my fault. "Where's Katniss??" I hear a female's voice say behind our group.

We all turn around and I see a lady and a young girl with ashy blonde hair and blue eyes. Gale gets up and walks over to them.

"She's in surgery right now. We don't how she is. They wouldn't tell us until you two got here. I'm just as worried as you are Mrs. Everdeen." Gale explains to her.

Mrs. Everdeen? This is Katniss' mom and I'm assuming the young girl next to her is her sister. But they look nothing like Katniss. They both have sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.

I stand up and say,"I'm Peeta Mellark. Nice to meet you Mrs. Everdeen." I extend my hand out for her to shake. She looks down at my hand and then back up at me.

"I know who you are. I've heard quite a few things about you Peeta. How's your father?" How does she know who I am?

I lower my hand down and say,"He's fine. How do you know my father?"

"Your father is a good friend of mine. We've been friends since I was your age. He's a good man." She tells me. I nod and say,"He really is."

"Maybe you can swing by the Bakery some time. You can catch up with my dad, maybe even stay for dinner. Katniss and her sister can come. If you'd like." I tell her.

She gives me a small smile and says,"Of course. That sounds lovely. How does Saturday night sound?"

"Sounds perfect. I'll be sure to tell my father about the plans." I tell her. She nods and a nurse comes up to us. "Are you guys here for Miss Everdeen?"

We all nod and she asks,"Does she have family here?" I point to Mrs. Everdeen and the young girl, who's name I still don't know. "Could I speak with you two privately?" The nurse asks.

Mrs. Everdeen nods and holds the young girl's hand as they both follow the nurse to a quieter area. I sit back down in my chair and wait patiently for the news.

Gale is pacing back and forth while I bounce both of my legs anxiously. It's already been forty minutes and Mrs. Everdeen has yet to come back with the news.

I won't sleep, eat or leave until I know that she's okay. I hear the door open and my head snaps up. I see a doctor walking in our direction.

I quickly stand up as the Doctor makes his way towards us. "Are you all friends of Katniss Everdeen?" We all nod and he motions for us to sit.

We all sit down in our chairs while the Doctor sits down in a chair of his own. He clears his throat and says,"I'm Dr. Westwood, Katniss' doctor. And I was told by Mrs. Everdeen to tell you the news about Katniss."

I swallow the lump in my throat as the Doctor sighs. He runs his fingers through his hair and says,"I'm sorry to inform you this."

______________________________

A/N

I'm sorry for not posting in weeks but I've been busy studying for my EOC's that are in few weeks and working real hard to raise up my grades.

Please understand that I busy and that I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting for soo long. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and sorry for any typos. I'm also sorry for this chapter being short. It was all I could think of.

Until next time. :)

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

All rights go to Suzanne Collins :)

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx