Chapter Ten: Dinner With The Mellark's

Heyyyy guyssss!  So sorry for not updating in so long. I came back from Jacksonville yesterday afternoon and I was tired and I didn't want to do anything. So please forgive me.

Anyway, I really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I don't know but, I feel like I don't get enough votes or comments (feedback) on my chapters.

I don't know. If you guys love the story so much,  please recommend it to a friend, a cousin, anyone who's interested in this kind of story. It would mean a lot. :)

You guys will probably skip over this but oh well. Enjoy Chapter 10. :)

____________________________

*Katniss' POV*

.

What is Thanksgiving?  I ask myself.

It's a holiday we all celebrate that's between Halloween and Christmas. It all started with the Pilgrims. As I remember, Mr. Beetee saying during another boring lesson in History class.

Let's just say that the Pilgrims made food or caught food, decided to sit all together, and eat as a big family. They said their thanks and ate.

Well, I think that's what happened. I don't pay attention in History class so I don't really know exactly what happened or how Thanksgiving happened. 

I was released from the hospital yesterday morning. I must say, it felt weird walking into my house when I came back from the hospital.

After awhile I felt comfortable again.

I hear a soft knock on my bedroom door and my mother's voice. "Katniss, may I come in?"

I look in the direction of my door. "Yeah." The door opens and I see my mother's head pop in.

"We have people coming over for dinner. They should be here soon." I knit my eyebrows. "Why?"

She smiled. "It's Thanksgiving Day. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. May I ask who's coming?"

She opens the door all the way and walks over to my closet. She opens it and turns to me. "The Mellark's are coming."

The Mellark's are coming. I hear my mom's voice run through my head. Peeta is coming. I haven't seen him since I woke up from that so called 'Coma'.

"How about you take a shower and get dressed until they get here." My mother suggests. I look at her and nod.

She smiles and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her. I get up from my bed and race to the bathroom.

I shower and wrap the towel around my body. I rush back into my bedroom, closing the door behind me and locking it.

I throw the towel onto my bed and walk towards my dresser. I grab a matching bra and underwear and quickly put them on.

I walk to my closet and skim through my clothes. I need to find an outfit that will leave Peeta breathless. "Which will never happen," I mutter to myself.

I sigh and pull out my light pink skater dress. I smile and lay my dress down on the bed. I walk to my shoe rack and grab my beige gladiator sandals, as I call them. 

I place it on the bed next to the dress.  I hear a light knock on my door. "Katniss,  they should be here in any minute. Hurry up and get downstairs."

"Okay I'm coming!" I say, quickly putting on my dress. I walk back to the bathroom and grab the blow dryer.

I blow dry my hair and turn on my straightener. I straighten my hair evenly and walk back to my room. I put on my sandals and grab my makeup bag.