Chapter Twelve: The Very First Date

Heyyyy guys! I know it's been over a month since I've updated and I'm really sorry. School started like a month ago and my teachers have given me a huge load of homework assignments. I still have homework to do.

Sooooo, last chapter was interesting! Lol, soooo yes. (to answer your questions), Everlark is officially happening! And I saw that some of you guys were excited.

Anyway, here's Chapter 12! Enjoy!

__________________________

*RECAP*

I run outside and I see him walking towards the parking lot. "Peeta wait!" He stops walking and turns to me. I walk up to him.

"What's wrong? Why did you leave?" I ask.

He runs his fingers through his hair and says,"I don't know. I just-"

"I just can't do this anymore. I can't hide it anymore," He finishes.

"What? Hide what? Wait, why did you leave!? Answer my question first." I say, slightly angry.

"Fuck it." He gently grabs my cheeks and places his lips on mine. And once again, I feel warmth run through my body. I feel my stomach do somersaults.

My heart explodes out of excitement. He pulls away and rests his head on my forehead.

"I love you Katniss Everdeen."

*End of Recap*

.

*Katniss' POV*

.

I stare at him, completely flabbergasted. We both stand there in silence. I smile and pull him in for another kiss. "I love you too Peeta Mellark," I whispered into his ear.

"I know," He whispered. He pulls me closer and gently kisses my lips. From a distance, I hear whistling and clapping. I pull away and look in the direction of the clapping.

I see Finnick and the rest of the group walk our way. "It's about time you two got together!" Johanna exclaimed.

"Exactly!" Finnick agreed. "We can finally go on triple dates!" Annie squealed. I can hear Johanna quietly groan next to me.

"Annie we can't even do a double date, what makes you think a triple date will work? Remember what happened last time?" Johanna said.

Annie sighed. "I guess so."

"May I say, Katniss you killed it! I never knew you could sing like that!" Finnick complimented. I smiled. "Thanks Finnick."

Peeta gently squeezed my hand."Yeah, you did amazing. We're proud of you. I'm proud of you." I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you," I replied softly. "Finnick we should get going and leave these two alone. My parents want me back by 9," Annie had said.

"Of course my love. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Finnick held Annie's hand and left.

"We should get going as well. See you guys," Johanna said. I nod as she and Gale began to walk away.

"And then there were two," Peeta muttered. I chuckled lightly. He turned to me and gently placed a strand of my bangs behind my ear.

"Let me take you home. Okay?" Peeta offered.

"Okay," I answered quietly.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"I'm sooo happy you and Peeta finally got together! I thought I would have to lock you two in a closet for a few days." I smiled. "Annie, that's something Johanna would do."