Epilogue

Sorry for delaying posting this guys, my job has been working me to the bone, they don't want me to write I guess.

Butttt I have a week off from school, and only two days off from work, smh, but I'm gonna attempt to write a lot this week, starting with this.

I hope this kind of answers questions, if it doesn't, comment and I'll answer any questions you have!

Enjoy, I love you guys!

- Keiana

Epilogue.

Jade Caswell

Four Months Later

"Come on inmates." The guard announced, opening up the cell door I was in with her ring of keys.

I stood up off my small cot bed and walked to the door so I could get my handcuffs put on. I hated this part.

We all lined up and waited for the guard to tell us when to go.

"Jade, do you want your lunch?" My bunk mate Meredith asked from behind me so the guard wouldn't see her talking.

"Yeah, I'm really hungry."

"Okay." She mumbled.

She asked me if I wanted my food every day, and I told her the same thing every day, since I got here three months ago.

When I said here, I meant The Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center. I'd been here about three months now, and I'd kind of gotten used to it. Well I had no other choice. This was my life now.

We had our groups and meetings before lunch, and our visits after lunch. It was time for lunch now. We'd have an hour to eat, talk to your friends if you had any, and then we were back in our cells for the rest of the day, unless you had someone visiting you.

My mom was supposed to be visiting me today. It was her first time seeing me in here, and I didn't know how either of us were gonna handle it.

We walked in a single file line led by an armed guard and followed by another armed guard into the cafeteria. Sometimes I swore they were so extra, all these little girls were really gonna start a riot?

We each got served a hot plate of mashed potatoes, without gravy, a fruit cup, and some type of canned meat. Prison food wasn't as bad as people made it seem, but it definitely didn't even compare to McDonald's.

I sat at a random table and ate my pineapples in silence, just looking around the room at my surroundings. This was gonna be the same thing I saw, every day, for the next forty years, and I didn't have any chance to parole. I just had to sit and do my time.

Time seemed to go by so slow in here though. I woke up to the same people, went to sleep with the same people, feared the same guards, and prayed every night that I would wake up from this long nightmare.

There was no waking up though, this was my life now, and I just had to accept it. There was nothing I could do about it.

"Jade, Jade, earth to Jade." Someone waved their hand in front of my face, ripping me from the other world I was in.

"Huh?"

"Are you gonna eat your food?" It was my bunk mate Meredith, bothering me about my food again.

"You know what, you can have it." I slid my tray her way. She smiled and me and started digging info the dry mashed potatoes like it was a carton of new ice cream.

Ice cream. I wouldn't be able to have ice cream until I was fifty nine years old. I had to think about something else before I started to cry in front of everybody.