11: Space

I managed to climb in just in time as the rocket took off in a cloud of fire and smoke, the compartment doors closing a hair behind me. The six of us are shoved into the back of the compartment by the force of the take off. I feel as if my skin is being pulled from my bones and my muscles are being stretched into a pancake. Then, almost like crashing through a wall, the pulling force stops and we are freely floating.

Inky blackness dotted with pinpricks of light float by the small circular window. Jay looks out, his eyes wide and his mouth slightly open. Wrapping a vine around my ankle, I manage to keep my feet on the floor. I pull my glove off and look down at my hand. It stings, but at least it is hardly bleeding by now. There are three cuts, if I close my hand they come together to make a triangle, just like the shard of glass.

Lloyd tumbles over to me and stops upside down. He looks at my hand and says, "I wonder if there is a first aid kit around here somewhere."

I don't know what causes it, but then something clicks into place in my mind. "Herbs are plants..."

"Yeah. So? We don't have any." Cole says.

"Because we are in the coolest place in the universe!" Jay back flips, knocking into Lloyd and sending him floating away. Kai gives Jay a are-you-crazy look.

"So..." I gesture to the symbol and the leaves on my gi. Looking back at my hand, I focus. My hand tingles as healing herbs as slim as thread, knit my skin back together. The cuts will still need time to heal together, but the herbs will keep it closed and stop the stinging. "There." I say.

"Well now we have a first hand medic." Zane says

Jay moonwalks as he spins in a circle like a cartwheel. "This is the best!"

Where did you go!" Kai splutters. "We just entered space on an enemy ship and you just- Where are you!"

"He's in his own world." I say.

"This is just like Fritz Donagen from Star Fair!" Jay says, confirming my statement.

"Dude. Fritz Donagen is a comic book character. This is real!" Lloyd states.

"You're the one that got me hooked on the character. I've always wanted to be a Star Fair-er. Don't crush my moment." Jay says, punching and kicking at the air as he floats around.

Zane manages to make his way over to a monitor screen and a small control panel at one end of the compartment. "Well enjoy it while you can because the compartment we are hiding away in is set to detach."

Then the screen flickers and we can see Garmadon, Sensei, Nya, and Pixal. "Hello?" Nya asks. "Can you hear us?"

Kai floats over and grabs onto the edge of the screen. "We hear you loud and clear sis."

"Good." Nya says as we all cluster around the screen, holding on to each other's arms and shoulders so we don't float away.

"As you know, the compartment you are stationed in is going to detach in 15 minutes, and counting down. But we have a way to get you onto the ship." Pixal says. "There is a compartment of space suits on another level of the ship. If you can get to them, you will be able to survive in space."

"They're out of their element." Garmadon hisses in a whisper to Sensei. "They're sitting like ducks."

"Uh, we're right here and we can hear you. Some encouraging words would be helpful." Lloyd tells his father.

"As your surroundings and situation change, so must you." Sensei says to us.

"Back to the task at hand first." Nya says before we have a chance to question Sensei's riddling words.