9: Enter The Digiverse

~~~No POV~~~

The streets lay silent and abandoned, full of non working electronics. Up in Borg Tower the four ninjas, Nya, and Pixal watch Cyrus as he works on a new invention that looks like a podium and has controls on it. Four chairs are in a line behind Cyrus, they have speakers on the head rests and controllers on the arms of the chairs. He didn't make a fifth because Leray is missing. Sparks flying from Cyrus' tool. Pixal stands at his side and takes a cord that he hands her, plugging it in to her power source, the other half from Zane's power. Pixal and Zane exchange a look, smiling.

Cyrus' invention beeps and he picks up a big red button attached to a metal plate with long wires loose on the floor. Cyrus wheels over to a metal table saying, "I think I shall put the main switch over here, to keep it tucked away." He puts the button down then backs up and picks up the wires and a screwdriver. "With a little ingenuity," Cyrus works on the plug of the wires, sparks flying from the screwdriver. "And a few more quaksle cables," More sparks fly. "We may be able to reboot the system with the digital techno blades and erase the Over Lord virus for good."

Jay walks up to him. "I thought you said we needed the stolen hard drive to do that."

Cyrus looks over his shoulder at Jay. "I did." He returns to his work. "But that was before I truly understood what Zane's power," He looks over his other shoulder at Zane then back at his work. "Truly allows us."

Kai walks over and looks at Cyrus' work. "And what is that?"

Cyrus doesn't look up. "A chance to enter remotely. By the time we find out where Lloyd is it will be too late to stop the Over Lord from draining his golden power."

Nya steps forward. "And escaping the digivers?"

Cyrus looks up at her. "Exactly. But if we digitise the ninja and techno blades using my experimental technology," Kai's eyebrows go up at that and Cole and Zane look at eachother worried. "You could fight him on his own turf, inside the digivers."

"What do you mean inside the digivers?" Jay asks.

"Wheren't you listening?" Cole points to Cyrus' invention. "He's going to put us inside the video game."

"I know!" Jay jumps up and down. "I just wanted to hear it again!"

"But Mr. Borg," Pixal says. "If anything were to happen to them-"

"Of course!" Cyrus cuts her off throwing his hands in the air. "Every step into the unknown has its dangers."

"Dangers?" Kai asks. "What are you talking about?"

"You know how in video games you get multiple lives?" Cyrus says.

"Yeah?" Jay jumps into one of the chairs.

"It's not like that." Cyrus explains.

"Ohh....." Jay trails off. Suddenly there is a flash of light from the large screen behind the chairs and Jay jumps back.

"Presto!" Cyrus cries out. "We're up and running."

Suddenly there is knocking coming from the elevator door of the lab that makes everyone turn their heads. It opens and a mob of people with messy clothes and wild hair holding spoons, bones, and frying pans burst in. The leader of the mob is a mailman. "Ah ha! I knew Cyrus had power! He's been holding out on us!"

"Uhg!" Cyrus says wheeling over to his invention. "This is no time for some post op talictic war poster."

"This isn't a game!" The mailman shouts. "We heard about the nindroid activity. What if they come back? We need power to defend ourselves." The mob starts to advance. "And I want to catch up on my shows!"