5: The Surge

((You guys are going to love me. I found the first episode before it was on tv. Try to keep in mind that in my fan fic Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, Nya, and Leray are all like 35ish now. And that I am now going by episodes, meaning chapters will be longer. I am going to try to stick to the episodes as much as possible.))

It’s now been almost four months since the final battle. After the battle, Ninjago was in ruins. So we rebuilt it. All of Ninjago that is. Now Ninjago City is called New Ninjago City, and became the center of new technological advances. But with no enemy to fight, the age of the ninja came to an end. It was a time to reflect on our past, and build for the future. “Darkly’s School for Bad Boys” is now “Sensei Wu’s Academy.”

Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Nya, Sensei, and I are all teachers for the kids here, currently I flick through home work papers, grading them. I look over my class as they take their test. I look out the window. I don’t belong in this stuffy old classroom. I hear laughter and zapping from the next door classroom. The kids look up as a boy with black hair opens the door and says, "Come quick! Mr. Zane's on a fritz!"

Standing I say, “Stay where you are.”

I walk into Zane’s classroom. He is dancing on his desk, electricity zapping off of him. “I got an ultra remote from New Ninjago City and it’s controlling Mr. Zane!” A girl laughs.

I take the remote from her and smash it under my foot. “Don’t you dare mess with my brother again.” I lecture them.

“Yes Ms. Garmadon.” The kids squeak then run away as the bell rings for recess.

“Recess my favorite time.” Cole sighs.

I gather up my students test papers then head to the teachers lounge to relax for the few minutes that we have. “Alright who ate my pudding cup?” Jay asks opening the fridge. “It clearly had my name on it.”

“I didn’t see any name on it.” Cole says throwing a plastic cup away.

“I’m telling the headmaster.” Jay threatens.

“Leave me out of it.” Sensei sighs. “I’m on break to.”

“Relaxe Jay. You can have mine.” Kai says throwing him a pudding cup.

“But this isn’t cold.” Jay complains. Zane opens a pennel on his wrist and presses some buttons, the blows some cool air on it from his hand.

“Sometimes you guys aren’t any better than the kids.” I mutter.

“Is anyone else chaped that Lloyd gets to be the Golden Ninja and fly around accepting awards while we are stuck here being teachers with no powers.” Jay sighs. “I miss our elemental weapons.”

Suddenly Nya rushes in closing the door behind her, the voices of students drifting in. “Why do I get the feeling that when I teach none of the kids are listening.”

“Because they're not.” I tell her leaning back in my chair. "So what’s on your mind?”

“Did you hear the news?” She asks.

Instantly we all jump up. “Is there trouble?” Kai asks

“Danger?” Jay asks with a spoon in hand.

“An emergency?” Zane asks hopefully.

“Oh, a new menace?” Cole asks. Jay throws the spoon aside.

“Something to fight?” I say a little hopelessly.

“No.” Nya laughs. “We got clearance for a field trip.” We sit down with groans. “It’s not just any field trip. A field trip to tour  Boric Industries.”