7: Blackout

~~~No POV~~~

After Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Nya, and Pixal split up with Leray, Garmadon, and Lloyd, they were able to catch a ride with a circus caravan. Hiding in one of the boxes that are larger on the inside and make people disappear, the team of 6 snuck through the evil nindroids defenses as the caravan drove by.

A magician and a clown open the box and Kai, Cole, Nya, Zane, and Pixal jump out.

"Thanks for the help." Cole says to a magician and a clown.

"Any time. But we can only drop you off near the power station." The magician says.

"That's fine. We can walk the rest of the way." Kai says with a shrug.

"Very well." The magician says and the clown honks his horn, then in a cloud of smoke the magician and clown disappear.

Jay coughs and waves away the smoke. "Show offs."

Pixal lays Leray's techno blade down and pulls Zane in to a different room of the cart. She makes him sit down and begins to repair him.

"Thank you for repairing me." Zane says.

"It is one of my primary functions." She says in a matter of fact way. Suddenly a donut shaped, flickering blue and white, power source opens up.

"What is it?" Zane asks.

"Your power source is a part I have never seen before. Your father built you with spare parts. This is what makes you so different." She reaches forward and touches Zane's power source. Zane lurches back, gasping. "I am sorry. I have caused you pain." She apologizes, clasping her hands in front of her.

Zane doesn't reply to this. He takes her hands in his and says, "We are all different. But I don't feel so different around you."

Pixal pulls away from him. "I am not different. I am Pixal, the primary interactive external assistant lifeform." Her voice is steely. "And your repairs are complete." And with that she walks away.

Zane sighs. "Well, at least I have been repaired." He says trying to look at the bright side.

Meanwhile, in the other room, Kai, Cole, Nya, and Jay talk about their attack on Ninjago's power station.

"So by shutting the power off, we can destroy the Over Lord's army." Kai says.

Nya pulls a wand out of a barrel of wands. Waving it subconsciously, she says, "Cripple yes. Destroy no. By shutting down the power, all objects that rely on the power that comes from the power station will stop working, including the master computer but that needs to be wiped with the techno blades."

"But Zane won't shut down because he has his own power source." Jay points out. Being an inventor/mechanic he knows this. "Pixal well though."

Cole steps forward. "Don't tell Zane. If he hasn't figured it out yet then I want to keep it that way. If he knows he might not let us cut the power. And if we can't cut the power, the Over Lord has already won. We can't let him get Lloyd, and we have to save as many people as possible."

"Agreed." Kai, Jay, and Nya say.

"Come on. Lets get ready." Cole instructs. "We will be there soon."

A little while later Cole is sitting at a table reading a magazine. Nya walks by and Cole looks up. "Hey Nya. How are our kids?"

Nya stops. "Our kids?" She stumbles over her words. "Why would we have kids? We aren't even married."

"I mean our students. Weirdo." Cole lays his magazine down. "Ever since we left the school I've been worried for them."

"Oh." Nya sits across from him at the table. "I got Dearth to look after them." There is an uncomfortable pause then Nya says, "Yah know, Cole. You don't get the credit you deserve."