8: Curse of the Golden Master

~~~No POV~~~

Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Nya, and Pixal walk through the deserted streets of New Ninjago City. All robots and electronics are dead, frozen where they were when the power went out. A barricade looms up in front of them and they stop. People jump onto the barricade waving makeshift weapons and shouting.

"Halt! No outsiders beyond this point!" One man yells at them.

"Oh stop it." Cyrus says as he wheels himself out from behind the barricade. To Nya, Pixal, and the ninjas he says, "Ignore the civilians. They've become barbaric after the power went out."

"Sorry about that." Kai says.

Cyrus waves it away then notices Pixal. "How are you functioning? You shouldn't have any power when the station shut down."

Pixal walks over to him clasping her hands in front if her and gives Cyrus a slight bow. "Zane gave me half his heart." She explains with a grateful glance at Zane.

"Thank you Zane." Cyrus says, then he asks them, "Why are you here?"

"We had a run in with a helper to the Over Lord." Nya tells him.

"And get this." Jay adds pulling the white scale out of his pocket. "He's a serpentine."

"So we're paying the snakes a visit." Cole says as he moves a sewer cap revealing a manhole.

"We then good luck." Cyrus says.

They file into the manhole descending on a ladder. First Nya, then Cole, Jay, and Kai. Zane steps in and looks up at Pixal as she walks over to him.

"Pixal. Where are you going?" Cyrus asks her. "I need you at the lab."

"Yes Cyrus." Pixal says. She turns and follows him as Cyrus wheels away, casting a regretful look to Zane. Their eyes lock then Zane climbs down pulling the sewer cap over his head.

"Watch your step Nya." Cole looks down at her. "We don't know the last time this ladder was used."

"Thanks Cole." Nya says.

"Yooou watch where your stepping Cole." Jay warns him.

The two boys start arguing again. Nya's foot slips as a rong falls off the ladder. "Uh, guys!" She calls.

No one can hear her over the arguing of Cole and Jay. Nya falls onto the ground of the sewer, sludge water cascading by beside the concrete walk way. "My nights in shining armor." She says sarcastically standing up and pulling a bright glow stick out of her pocket.

The ninjas drop down behind her and pull out their own glow sticks. "Sorry Nya!" Jay says hurriedly.

"Yah, sorry." Cole adds.

Nya rolls her eyes and leads the way down the sewer pipe.

~oOo~

After what seems like forever of walking, Nya and the ninjas finally come to the tomb of the Stone Warriors. The entrance of the tomb has a crack running down the middle big enough for a serpentine to walk easily through.

Hearing humming coming from behind them, they turn around and see Scales walking towards them with a cart.

"Not to you again." he says.

"Search is bag." Cole orders.

"This is harassment." Scales sputters.

Jay pulls the cart away from Scales and Kai throws out what is in side. "He only has groceries and the Ninjago Times newspaper." Kai says looking at the newspaper in his hand.