4: To The Spirit Realm For The Children

That night I lay in bed unable to fall asleep. Something is bothering me. But I don't know what. I roll over and I can feel the skin pulling over my cut.

I don't know when, but I do eventually fall asleep. And Mother Spirit comes to me.

We're standing in a spirit forest. The starry leaves of the trees rustle in a soft breeze and the smoky trunks and branches swirl, twisting around.

“Why have you brought me here?” I ask her.

“Lucy and Xavier shall come into the Spirit Realm. They have to be trained to control their magic.” She explains to me.

“Lucy doesn’t have any more magic.”

“Yes she does, and so does Xavier. They shall be trained here then they will return to you.”

I sigh and give up arguing with her. “They will come back in seven years won't they?”

"So the laws of Spirit Realm magic trainning say." Mother Spirit says then the dream fades away.

In the morning we are sitting at the table eating breakfast. Jay looks up and asks, “Where are Xavier and Lucy?” And I tell them about my dream that I hand last night and that Xavier and Lucy will be in the Spirit Realm for the next seven years.

“I’m going to miss those two.” Cole sighs.

Kia shrugs. “Look at the bright side-”

Zane cuts him off. “You get the game room again?”

Kai glares at him. “No, Lucy and Xavier won’t get hurt in our new adventures, if any.”

I smile. That is an upside. But I’m still going to miss them. Lloyd gently squeezes my hand. He must be thinking the same thing. I look around and know that we all will.