XXII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ sinful heart blames

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sinful heart blames.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE WHITE WALLS were unsettling to see all around, the few frames and fake plants decorating the waiting room didn't really do much. jimin still felt like he was going to lose his lunch all over the hospital hallway.

it was easy to spot his best friend, the boy in black clothes and matching mess of black hair stood out in comparison to everything else around him. jungkook was sitting in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs, his ass numb and fingers messing with something in his hands.

the blonde didn't say anything as he sat down next to the boy, just remaining quiet and leaning his head against his best friends shoulder.

"what's that." jimin finally asked, seeing the small object in the youngers hand.

jungkook held the ring up in his palm, such a pretty thing for someone equally as stunning. "oh shit, you have good taste." the blonde said, taking the small band and looking at it closer. it was so like taehyung, not a typical diamond engagement ring with a big rock, but instead a simple silver band with only a few tiny diamonds in a line. simple but stunning.

"did you ask him?" he questioned.

"kinda." the ravenette said. he can't remember how long he's been sitting here for, or how long the nurse said it would be before taehyung would be out of surgery. jimin frowned, wondering why the ring was here then if jungkook asked and the couple was meant to be together. "i just wanted him to have something nice to think about."

"he has you." jimin said, head still on the boys shoulder, "he thinks about you all the time whether there's a ring on his finger or not."

"thanks chim." jungkook said. his head was now leaning on top of the boys fluff of blonde, "im sorry i didn't call you or anything." he admitted, only now realizing he wasn't the one to tell his best friend what had happened.

"it's fine." he said.

jimin was his best friend, they were family and nothing seemed to be stronger then the bond they had — but even after all they've been though, he's never seen him cry. maybe that's why he was so confused as to what to do when he felt the younger start to shake beside him, the tears falling despite how hard he's tried to keep them hidden.

"i was so scared jimin." jungkook said, "it's all my fault. i did this." he couldn't stop the blame he was giving himself, the suffocating feeling of guilt and regret that filled his chest and drowned his thoughts of any light. without taehyung there would be no light, there would be no meaning to his life anymore — and jungkook can't believe he almost lost him.

"no you didn't, stop that." jimin was scolding him, but he was also hugging him, and kissing the top of his head to try and soothe the breaking boy who suddenly had too many emotions that he could no longer hold inside anymore.

if it was anyone else, jungkook would have pushed them away and stormed off. he still wanted to, but he could never do that to jimin, not to his best friend. he's already seen him at his worst, and this would definitely be one of those times. "he's going to be fine, they're going to take care of him."

"it doesn't matter jimin." by now he had enough, the soft caring stuff was too much and jungkook stood up now. "if he wasn't with me at all, he'd never have ended up here."

"okay." jimin said, looking up at his friend and just waiting for his to stop being an angry child trapped in a grown mans body.

"okay? that's all you have to say?" jungkook turned around and looked at his friend. he was expecting some lecture or caring speech about the two boys were destined to be together so fate would have brought them together anyways. but he didn't get that.

the blonde just shrugged and crossed one leg over the other. "your point is that taehyung shouldn't be in this position. that's great, he really shouldn't, but if he wasn't then that means one of us could have been. then we'd still be here and still be hurting over whoever else was in that bed."

"i know that's not comforting." he continued, "but it's true, and we just have to be there for him instead of talking about what should have happened or who's fault it is."

jungkook was still standing, a look of thought on his face and his friend would never be able to tell if he had heard anything that was just said to him. "you should go home and get some rest. we have phase two in a couple of hours." the ravenette said, sitting back down in a plastic waiting chair. except this time he didn't sit next to his friend, and instead chose the seat a few spots away.

"are you going to come? you need sleep too." jimin asked, getting up and feeling his back crack from the uncomfortable position those chairs formed your body into. there was a good chance they were meant to be so terrible to sit in so you focused on something other then the fact that you were in a hospital.

jungkook didn't say anything, he just kept his elbows on his knees and eyes trained on the sparkling silver band being rolled between his fingers. his thoughts were a million miles away, and his best friend just sighed — leaving as quietly as he came and wondering if this would be the first job they pulled off without their fearless leader.

fearless. a word that couldn't truly describe anyone so accurately. jeon jungkook was always seen this way, a man unbreakable and too tough to crack through that stone exterior. the past he's endured only further solidified the coldness of his soul, the stoic expression sitting on his face for most of the days. it wasn't until the dark ravenette had met the pretty sun that people started to see the effect of the rays breaking through those cracks in the stoney exterior — a facade that needed some warmth and love to wipe away the years of pain and dust covering a sad boy too small to take on the world by himself. jungkook needed taehyung. he needed the boy to brighten his days and to give his life meaning again, or else he doesn't know what kind of old habits he'd fall back into, what kind of dark emotions that would take over again.

jungkook didn't realize until now how much he loved the the boy, and how much taehyung had changed the younger into the jeon jungkook that hasn't been seen for so long.

"please." he found himself whispering to himself, not quite sure who he was talking to or if he had said it out loud or simply in his head. "please don't take him from me." jungkook continued to mumble these same words over and over, wanting nothing more then his love to pull through.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬