I.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ solitary planets in a lonely galaxy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
solitary planets in a lonely galaxy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE WORLD is a broken heart, spinning forever in a universe of lost stars and dark emptiness, and all the money that man could ever invent would never fix that.

there must be a reason that love is invisible, undetectable with anything but our minds and souls. people are not evolved enough to be trusted with love — not when they would try to steal it, alter it and weaponize it for their own benefit. immoral acts always followed human desires.

the only way to truly understand love is to feel it, to embody it and embrace it completely. the power that love holds will always be greater than any other, unstoppable against the broken heart that is the world trapping the people inhabiting it. 

it didn't seem broken to them, not as they laid together tangled in white sheets and surrounded by cream colored walls. the neutral aesthetic of the room contrasted to their swollen pink lips and flushed cheeks, dark eyes not being able to decide between fluttering shut and staring deeply into the others.

between the kisses and touches, the soft pants of breath fanning over bruised collarbones and bare skin — he couldn't help but think, gosh how did he got so lucky. it's almost funny, almost like a metaphor, the way choices someone makes in life is like taking a test. taehyung could have easily put a different answer on that sheet, the test of life, and his fate would be written in different ink. but that wasn't the case, because now he lay here, tracing the ink that stained the boys arms.

the boy, his boy.

the one that seemed to mend his world and make him believe it could never break again — because they were in their own universe, spinning forever in a galaxy of stars and asteroids that would never feel complete without the other. it was them together now, forever in this universe, without a single thing that would seem to stop it.

taehyung wasn't even able to stop thinking about the young ravenette, not when they were together and certainly not when they were apart. he had the marks on his neck and stomach and hips, memories that sparked when he pressed down on the little bruises in the mirror.

"you're going to cover those, hm?" she startled him, and he sat up straighter and looked at the lady through the mirror. she was doing the usual, straightening the bed sheets and making sure there was water in the flowers vases. for a maid, she was young, maybe that's why she felt more comfortable making less than professional comments to the son who's father employs her.

"maybe this is the art i like to display." taehyung said, raising his chin again and not bothering to tighten the satin robe over his torso, just exposing more of the hickeys that his boyfriend left the night before.

the maid laughed lightly, she couldn't have been thirty yet. "mr. kim displays fine art in the gallery." she said, "and i think he would disagree with that display of affection."

taehyung just stood up from his vanity and fixed his robe, covering up to his neck as he went to disappear in the bathroom. he left the door open though, not missing the next comment from the woman tending to his suite. "and tell that boy to stop leaving his socks in the sheets." she complained, not the first time. taehyung smiles to himself, as much as she got on him about it she still had a soft spot for the pretty boy.

the makeup was already laid out on the bathroom counter, creams and brushes all laid out and waiting for him. taehyung picked up the concealer and started to dab at his neck. it's not the first time he had to cover up an assault of hickeys to his skin — and he didn't want it to be the last either.

"you're father wants to see you for lunch, do not forget." the maid called to him from the suite room, her hands busy folding towels and waiting for the brunette to walk out before she entered to put them away.

taehyung continued to work on his neck, covering the ones that would show but leaving the ones below his collarbones to sit on display. "if he makes me eat another salad i'm going to throw myself off the side of the hotel." he pulled off the robe and walked back into his room to find something to wear.

it was a usual outfit, nice black pants and a thin pastel yellow button down shirt that was tucked in. taehyung left the first two buttons undone, finding his shoes and slipping them on before going to find his phone.

"you don't need a salad, your legs are tiny already." the lady walked past with the stack of towels, but she playfully bumped the boy to get him to smile.

"that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." taehyung grinned, looking in the mirror and posing for a moment in his chosen outfit.

it was quiet after that, one cleaning the suite while the other was still looking at himself in the mirror with long legs and pouty lips. the only sound was coming from the tv, some television news show playing quietly in the background. neither was really paying attention to the news story — that is, until something interesting was actually said.

......three months after the siwol gala held at the usan hotel in seoul, south korea, it was found that one of the world jewels being represented that night is in fact a fake......

taehyung never looked away from the mirror so fast. at this point, the maid had already emerged from the bathroom and also turned towards the tv, seeing the hotel pictures and big accusatory captions flashing across the screen as a news reporter continued to talk.

"the famous koroleva of russia was brought back out of its case for another event, only for the exhibit officials to realize it was consisted of faux diamonds." the news lady kept talking, and taehyungs face kept paling.

he had no idea what to think, what to do or what to say as the maid turned up the volume and held her hand up to her mouth in dis belief. "this is not good for your fathers name." she said.

taehyung still didn't say anything, his jaw fallen open and words unable to be formed. he just kept listening to the reporter, who wasn't shy at describing the usans siwol gala and this scam that seemed to be "an embarrassment of the faith of neighboring countries on a night of celebration."

"uhh," taehyung couldn't find the words, shoving his phone in his pocket and finally looking away from the television, "i better get going to that lunch." he lied, walking to the suite doors.

"it's only 9 am." the maid said with a mild look of confusion, only now turning down the volume since she was speaking with him, "the lunch with your father isn't scheduled until later."

taehyung nodded and paused at the door, "i'm taking the stairs, it's gonna be a minute before i get there." he flashed a cheeky grin to seem convincing, only opening the door once she smiled also and waved him away. he was always odd, this behavior didn't seem off so she thought nothing differently.

that was far from true, because taehyung was taking the stairs so he didn't suffocate in the elevator. he needed him right now, he needed jungkook. as much as the handsome ravenette plagued his mind for all the right reasons, taehyung was only thinking one thing the entire way to the warehouse.

how could they have found out?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the wait is finally over
leave a comment/vote
if you're excited!!
— m