chapter 17

Well, hello! I am not dead and very alive. I am sorry for leaving you guys for yearssssss without any continuation of this story. Honestly, I felt bad and so, here is the chapter that you all have been waiting for. 

Please vote and comment!!!!!!

I always checked on your comment and laughed so yea leave a funny comment

enjoy :)

--

Mason Green

After the incident, I walked back towards the car that I parked right outside Naomi's house. From afar, I saw Naomi's mother just got out of a car with a male. I observed them both and Naomi's mother saw me looking at them from my car. She glared at me and invited the man inside their house. At the door, I saw Naomi smiling brightly as she waved at her mother and as soon as she saw the man her mother bring home, she frowned and stormed inside.

Suddenly I heard a loud noise beside me. I clutch my ears as it rang annoyingly. I opened my eyes and turns out, it was my alarm coming from my phone. I groaned and turned the alarm off. I sighed, "That was all just a dream?" I chuckled at myself and stretched myself while yawning. I took a glance at the clock. 8:12 am. "Damn, I really slept through the night on the sofa", I said to myself. I picked up my phone and decided to text someone.

To: Naomi

Hey Naomi, it's Mason in case you didn't save my number. I was wondering whether you're free later today. I really want to meet you.

I pressed the send button and threw my phone on the couch. I exhaled and went to the kitchen to get myself a drink. Gosh why am I so nervous?? I poured myself a glass of mango juice and took a couple of refreshing sip. When I heard a notification ding, I ran myself to the couch to read the text.

From: Mom

Mason, I am in disbelief on how much embarrassment you put on our faces when you stormed out of dinner yesterday. Your dad is furious with anger and we would like to see you this evening. My assistant will text you the address later. I really hope you come and be a good son for once and for all.

I groaned loudly. This is not the text that I was hoping from. Another text message came from Amanda, my parents' assistant, regarding the time and location of where I am supposed to meet my parents this evening. I reopen my chat with Naomi and the sign Delivered hasn't changed into Read yet. What could she possibly be doing? I locked my phone and went to take a shower. After that, I put on my work out outfit and start jogging on my treadmill. I connected my Bluetooth to my EarPods and press shuffle play on my Spotify playlist.

After about 20 minutes of exercising, I went to the kitchen to grab myself a bottle of water. While gulping myself water, I checked on my phone and Naomi still hasn't read nor replied to my text. Should I call? Should I be worried?

--

I have arrived at the restaurant my parents have set up for us to meet 5 minutes early. I climbed out of the car and give the car keys to the valet guy and walked into the restaurant. "I'm here with Mr. Green," I said to the waiter. She nodded and guides me to our reserved table which located quite far from the other customers. I saw my parents are already arrived, sipping on their champagne, talking. I cleared my throat and give them a smile as I sat at a seat beside my mother. My mother smiled back and my father, he placed his wine glass back on the table and start scanning his phone.

"We're very glad you could come, Mason" my mother held my hand and smiled at me. I chuckled "Of course, I will come."

"Why did you storm off like a kid who's his parent won't let him buy him a freaking nerf gun, Mason?" my dad scolded. "I was being too emotional, I am very sorry dad, mom" I replied. "Do you know how mad Mr. Hale was? You got his one and only daughter pregnant and you don't want to be responsible for it? We never raised you to be immature like this", my dad raises his voice. I kept quiet and looked at him with a sorry face. He looks mad but deep down, I can see that he is very disappointed.

"I am sorry for embarrassing you in front of them but I swear I did not get Jess pregnant" I explained. My dad scoffed and shook his head and my mom looks confused. "I'm telling you the truth, look at the facts. I've been here for like 2-3 months. Does Jess tells you she's been pregnant for how many months?" I asked. My mom looks at her finger probably counting.

"I don't care," my dad slammed his fist on his table. My mom flinches and my eyebrows are furrowed in anger. "Whatever is it, Mr. Hale and I both agreed that both of you should be married. If you don't want, you can find yourself a new wife to be married to" he commanded. I sighed in relief and a picture of Naomi comes flashing inside my mind.

"But with one condition" my dad added. I looked at him pleading him to continue with whatever his condition is. "She must be from a family with wealth and has not been impregnated yet"

I gulped.

--

Naomi Winters

I checked again my lock screen. A message from Mason since 11 hours ago, I still haven't replied and opened yet. I locked my phone again and stares at the ceiling of my bedroom. My left hand touches my belly and caresses it gently. I felt a movement in my belly and I chuckled. "Yes, baby. Mama is very boring right now" I whispered. "Wouldn't it be great if we could eat gelato right now, am I right?" I asked the baby in my stomach as soon as I pictured a huge cone of Italian Gelato. My mouth becomes watery as the baby in my stomach kicks me. "Ouch, baby. Okay, let's go ask your uncle to take us to get gelato!" I squealed in excitement.

I walked over Jake's room and knocked on his door before twisting the doorknob open, revealing my brother sitting on a red bean bag, topless while his eyes are glued to his tv playing play station. I scoffed and went to his bed. "You're 24, Jake. Why are you still playing video games? You should be working your ass off in the office right now and buy yourself a new house" I complained. I heard Jake sneered and took a glance at me for like a second, then moved his gaze back to his game.

"Look, Naomi. I didn't let you to come to my room to nag, okay? If you want to nag, do it somewhere else." He replied. I chuckled and went over to him and hug him from behind. "I was kidding. Please don't be mad at us" I chuckled and left a wet peck of kiss on his cheek. He ew-ed in disgust and wiped his cheek with his pants. "What do you want," he asked while pausing the game. I touch my baby bump and talks in a small voice. "Baby wants her Uncle Jake to take me and momma to eat gelato, pleaaaasee" I begged. Jake laughed and nodded. "Alright, let's go get some gelato with your momma and your grandma, alright?" Jake raised his eyebrow. I nodded and jumped in excitement. "Yeay! Family bonding day" I joked and went to my room to get ready.

I went to my wardrobe and put myself a cute long skirt with a knitted sweater. I put on a lip gloss only and grabbed my purse. I took my phone and checked on the notification from Mason earlier. I sighed, left my phone in my room and head myself out. I walked down the stairs and my pace slowed down as I saw a familiar figure sitting on a couch. He looked on his watch nervously and his head shot up when he saw me walking down. He stood up and smiled at me. A smile that I've been missing. A tear came out from my eye as I smiled at him back. I ran towards him and buried my face on the crook of his neck. I sniffle his cologne and cried.

"Why didn't you reply my message, Naomi? I thought something bad happened to you"