chapter 16

I know I'm a bad author, I'm sorry and I hope this short chapter can make you forgive me :( I should be studying and do assignments but im procrastinating by writing this oh gawd help me D:

btw here you go dont forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!

Enjoy :-)

--

After a long tiring day, Mason went back into his place that he called home. He plopped himself onto a grey leather couch in his living room. He shuts his eyes for a second—trying to get a nap but the phone keeps on vibrating and wouldn't stop. With a sigh he reached into his pocket taking out his cell phone. He groaned and threw his phone at the coffee table that was placed in fr after realizing that it's Jess that won't stop calling.

He relaxed himself on the couch when the phone finally stops vibrating. As soon as he started to fall asleep, the phone ringing again. Mason woke up—shocked and groaned. He picks the phone up and yelled,

"What!? What do you want?? Why won't you stop calling me, Jesus Christ. I thought what I said earlier was clear enough. Are you dumb?"

Man, that last sentence was brutal. He actually felt a little guilty for calling Jess 'dumb' but he just so furious. At the end of the line, he hears silence that makes him even more furious. "Tell me. What do you want, huh?? You've been calling me for a thousand times and now when I pick up you won't fucking answer", Mason spits.

The woman sobs during the call. "I'm—I'm sorry for bothering you, Mason" she said and hung up. Mason furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"That didn't sound like Jess at all" he said to himself.

He checked his missed call and saw (21) Missed Calls from Jess and (2) Missed Calls from Naomi and the one he just answered is not Jess but Naomi.

"Shit!" he cursed himself. He felt so bad towards Naomi. He tried to dial Naomi back but she wouldn't answer. After fifth time trying finally Naomi picks up his call.

"Naomi.. finally. I'm so sorry. I thought i- I thought it was my fiancé" Mason explains. "Oh no I'm sorry, I'm just being emo and also called at the wrong time. It's my fault" Naomi said. "Don't blame yourself. Anyway, why did you call? Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Is mom getting suspicious?" Mason trailed. "No, actually um... can we meet?" she asked.

"Sure, I'll pick you up at 8?" Mason smiling. He can't believe he will meet the woman he missed the most. "Uh, sure" she sounds nervous. "Then... I'll see you at 8?"

"Yes, alright. Thank you"

--

Mason stood in front of Naomi's house. He gently brushed his dark-green plaid button-down shirt and fixed his hands on a huge beautiful bouquet of flowers. He sniffs the fresh scent of white roses and smiles at the thought of Naomi.

He pressed the doorbell and as expected, Naomi shows up in a light blue sundress with thin shoulder strap that shows off her pale yet smooth shoulder, with her blonde hair that has gotten longer falls beautifully. Mason stares in awe and took a glance at her stomach. The bump is getting bigger and Mason couldn't contain his excitement. He looks back at Naomi who's blushing and grinned.

"You look beautiful", Mason complimented. He almost forgot that he was holding the flower bouquet. He shook his head and offered Naomi the flowers. "You shouldn't have, Mason" she furrowed her eyebrows. Her face looks worried and saddened.

He chuckled and Naomi stepped outside of her house. "Care for a walk?" she asked, still holding the flower in her hands. Mason chuckled and offered Naomi to walk first. "Ladies first" he bowed. Naomi chuckled.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Mason asks as they both wandering around her neighbourhood park.

"It's about us", she said. He furrows his eyebrows. "My mom.. sh- she knew about you, about us, about her real dad" Naomi stutters as she gently caress her bump. "And..?" Mason continued asking. "And she doesn't want us to see each other anymore. She wants me to get back together with Drew", her eyes filled with tears as if she doesn't want that to happened.

"Don't cry, sweetheart" Mason reached out for a hug. He wraps Naomi into a warm hug. He shushes her and she sobs silently. "Don't be sad, it'll affect the baby", he comforted her.

"Don't.." she pushed Mason away from his embrace. Mason furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Don't what?" he asks. "Don't make me feel this way, Mason. Honestly, I'm tired" she ran her fingers through her hair.

"You want to rest? I can take you upstairs" Mason stood up, holding her shoulder gently. She slaps his hands away from her. "No, please don't make me feel like an idiot for having feelings for you. You have a fiancé that is waiting for you, Mason. And I want you to be with her and not me. You're a good man. I don't want you to be with a bad person like me" she wiped her own tears.

Mason was dumbfounded. She inhaled deeply and took off the ring he gave her. She took Mason's hand and placed the ring on his palm. "I don't deserve this" she cried. "I'm sorry and thank you for everything." She handed him the bouquet he brought earlier and left Mason clueless.

--

After the incident, Mason walks back towards his car that he parked right outside Naomi's house. From afar, he saw Naomi's mother just got out from a car with a familiar male. He observe them both and Naomi's mother saw Mason looking at them. She glared at him and invited the man inside their house. At the door, he saw Naomi smiling brightly as she waved at her mother and as soon as she saw the man her mother bring home, she frowned and stormed inside.

"Who is that guy and why is he so familiar?"

"Why does Naomi suddenly felt this way?"

"How did her mother know about us?"

---

dun dun dun....

sorry i ended the story this way i dont have any idea im dumbbb

anyways VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!