Chapter 26:

Izuku always thought it was times like these where he hated his job most. He'd sent warnings to at least five separate, but pertinent, government divisions and heads as well as all the leaders of Hosu (or nearby) hero agencies and all of the chief of police and division heads for the nearby hospitals. He'd given them a way to contact him- sometimes- if they had any questions about his information. He'd made suggestions to help improve the safety in the coming two weeks when the threat of attack would likely happen. He had  offered transcripts, documents, photos, video, and audio proof to back his suspicions. He had even visited some in person to clarify his suspicions.

In short he had done every single thing that had come to mind to help raise the alarm and alert Hosu's protectors. And what had all his efforts led to? The Hosu heroes all deciding to take on interns and do practice patrols, almost completely unarmed, in the time of the three days he said the attack would be most likely. Without. Their. Actually. Trained. And. Licensed. Sidekicks.

He absolutely hated the feeling of helplessness that came with him consistently being completely blown off by the egotistical, stubborn, ignorant, nature of some heroes! It wasn't even that he had been ignored as well, the official government office had taken him quite seriously (and were mildly threatening on how he got the information), or that was until they went to check in with the heroes where he was quickly written off as a foolish young hero fan within the introduction, given a signed picture, patted on the head, and warned not to pull a stunt like that again. The government agencies quickly changed their tune to match. And when he said quickly, he meant they were shut down before the agent introducing him finished introducing him. Legality asked he didn't punch anyone in the face.

He was just lucky he had somewhat anticipated being ignored and also sent out some requests to heroes who had worked well with him in the past...kind of well that is. He had also made a point to reach out and get in contact with the handful of vigilantes he knew and to his own team who had been thoroughly prepared beforehand to competently deal with the threat of one or more of the beings that had been labeled Nomus. It was quite clear that the one at the USJ couldn't be one of a kind, since it was not made by the Nomu's quirk itself like Jin's appearance had been, it was no doubt an experiment of some sort. And even then the one that had been captured was only a test or else they would have fought harder to keep it.

"Hey boss, you there now?"

Deku reached up absently at the voice taping his communication piece that sat nestled into his ear covered by his once more green colored hair- he had insisted that if they ever got into a battle Susie and Cogitatio were to just drop his and Aire's illusion, they would be able to come up with an explanation easily enough. Still they had probably been lucky it was Sare who ran into Stain with Jin rather than Susie. With his raised hand he quickly unmuted his end of it so they could hear him, "Yep, I hear you, how's Hosu fairing?"

"Well, you were right on the money, we've got at least two of the big brains here, ghost reports the big bad might also make an appearance, but gate is in eagle f already."

"Right... but really, who thought of gate for him? Like where exactly did you pull that name from?" Deku muted his side of the earpiece again to cover his exasperated sigh as another of their team spoke up and started up the latest wave of banter, never mind from their breathing patterns they were in the middle of a fight.

"Can we please stick to the topic at hand."

"Oh, get off your high horse-"

"Will you let me finish my report!"

"That will take all night, no one has time for that."

"Do you want him to walk in unprepared-"