Chapter 15:

Saying All Might arrived along shortly wasnt quite correct, it wasn't even a mild understatement of the time, a full thirty minutes later he finally arrived, rushing into the room with a wide- fake- smile. Absently he wondered if that was a recent development or if he was only realizing it just now because of this up close view. Behind those warm, determined eyes and large, welcoming smile was a nervousness, self-hatred, and regret he hadn't expected to see there.

"Fear not, students, I am here!" Even Aries looked up at his entrance narrowing her eyes as she took him in before glancing up at Izuku. She looked back down at her art before flipping the page with a determined look. (Glancing at it, Hideki was somewhat relieved that it wasn't anything bad about All Might, instead something that began to look sort of like Eraserhead. Although now he had to wonder what that narrow eyed look was for.)

Hideki returned to his first train of thought upon the hero's entry, noticing the tired look he tried to hide beneath his smile and the sloppily hidden shadows under his eyes. How he didn't directly look at anyone and the almost hunted hunch to his shoulders. His eyes held a hidden pain and guilt. And looking at them right then he knew he had to do something if the opportunity arose or to make one when this undercover task was over. After all he became what he was to help others, he couldn't let himself become a source of pain. So in the back of his mind he began his plotting.

It turned out that the all mighty All Might, (pun, of course, intended) could not teach to save his life. A few minutes into his rambling description of the exercise and all the students looked as lost and resigned as he did. How the heck were they training if this was class anyway? After the hero was finished he was called up to introduce himself to the rest of the class. (And wasn't that an unwelcome surprise; did they really still made kids go through that in high school?)

He kept his introduction short, but friendly, not curt, just private, or at least, he tried to, "Hello, my name is Kobayashi Hideki, and I am 14 years old, I ended up transferring into this school for family reasons that I honestly prefer not to go into now since it is still such a recent thing... umm, since the school was kind enough to let my sister, Kobayashi Aries, join me in the dorms, she'll be joining us for the afternoon classes, but not participating, she's just six years old and really shy sometimes so please be patient with her. Thank you, and I look forward to working with you all!"

He bowed slightly in greeting only for one student to shout out, "Hey what's your quirk then?"

"Oh!" He jerked his head up trying to catch which one it was (he may know their names, records, personalities, and other miscellaneous information, but reliable audio was hard to come by), "Sorry, I completely forgot, my quirk is called 'Time Out', it allows me to freeze time temporarily, allowing me time to strategize, but I can't move during that time either."

    It took a few minutes of questioning before training was underway. Each student would be assigned a random opponent and each pair a biome. Like at the USJ, there would be a wide variety and they would have to use their surroundings to their advantage, only they would be fighting one on one. Hideki internally grinned, this he could do no problem. In order to set a good impression, and the trap for the spy, he would have to make sure he was seen as strong, just not suspiciously strong, that would be the challenge.

It did not take long for Aries to abandon her artwork behind and then the wall as she gradually began migrating towards the viewing screen to watch the fights. It didn't take long after that before she had moved to stand at the very front, childishly cheering both sides on and gasping or jumping as she watched the fights. As each of the students came back she offered them a shy grin and thumbs up, her eyes sparkling in excitement, although she still stuck by Hideki's side, tugging him along by a sleeve as she went.