Chapter 14:

That one meeting was what had led Deku to where he was now, standing in uniform (he'd forgotten how stiff and itchy new uniforms were) before the very school he would have died to go to just a mere handful of years ago. He felt no excitement now, even though he had the first time when Mic had invited him, just exhaustion. What had possessed him to agree to this?

"Come on big brother, your going to be late if you just stand there! And we haven't even seen the dorm yet!"

Deku smiled down at his little sister who now had gray hair that was streaked with a pretty light red mixing with a few also dyed silvery white strands beside it. He had styled it into easy pigtails so it didn't get in her way. A second horn now sat opposite her real one and the unnaturally pointy teeth that now filled her mouth flashed with her wide, happy smile. Deku's hair was styled similarly being gray but with the twining red and white only touching the tips of his hair. The sharpness of his teeth were even more pronounced and all of his freckles were covered up. Twisting horns that, while similar to Aire's in coloring, were much bigger going slightly up and then back from his forehead before curling outwards slightly and down. All the changes would hold permanent until Cogitatio consciously released the illusions.

     It was amazing how well Cogitatio and Susie's quirks worked together, her 'quirk boost' move allowing his illusions to become tangible and be seen on cameras. The downside; however, was they would barely be able to use their quirks while the illusions on him and Eri were active.  It was a steep price, but neither were highly relient on their quirks and had volunteered for the task when they had heard of his plan to go undercover.

Of course that still left the issue of his nonexistent quirk. Sure he could probably take all his new classmates despite not having one- but that was just yet another red flag to join the plethora he would already raise- so he had to create one to make him fit in amongst the hero students, but at the same time couldn't be tested.

And so 'time out' was created. Using this new fake quirk he could pause time at will, but only for so long, the catch of course being that even he couldn't move when time was paused, although he still retained consciousness allowing him a time out of sorts where he could brainstorm counters and the best move to make. While it was completely fake it was also difficult to test and would explain away his planning and fighting skills without drawing suspicion as long as he toned down the level of his technique.

The next issue was names, Deku kept the Kobayashi part as it was such a common name and they both would easily respond to it. From there Aire became Aries- like the constellations- and he settled on Hideki.

( An: Hideki as previously said in the intermission is a male Japanese name, created from meaning "excellent, outstanding" or meaning "excellent, fine" combined with (ki) meaning "tree".  And in case you can't tell all knowledge on the name Hideki came from the internet.)

    The siblings reached their new dorm building only a few minutes before first period began so it was empty as Aire excitedly pressed the entry card that hung on a lanyard with their room key next to it onto the scanner and bounced in full of cheerful nervousness. Deku followed hauling their bags with him at a much more sedate pace.   They had plenty of time to unpack and get ready as they were expected only for afternoon classes today.  This gave the teacher time to warn class 1-A of the new student as well as make sure they had time to settle into their room before they were swarmed with people.

     From tomorrow onwards Deku would attend the morning classes too while Aire would have the mornings to herself (although she had to keep up with her online schooling). He would be allowed to get her for the hero classes in the afternoon during lunch break so she didn't spend all day alone. He didn't trust all of the teachers to keep an eye on her.