𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Remember not to get too close to stars

They're never gonna give you love like ours

♔Third POV♔

The pink mustached man appeared in Dark's room in a blow of pink smoke, interrupting his time with the book he was reading. Dark grimaced at the disturbance caused by Wilford and glared at him. Before Dark could say anything, Wilford spoke, "Are you ever gonna tell (Y/N) that you like her?" 

A hint of red hit Dark's cheeks and he covered them with his book, "No. And you certainly won't."

Wilford placed his pale hand on Dark's book, grabbing it and tossing it aside. Dark growled lightly, showing his fangs. "I told you not to worry about her not loving you, Dark." Wilford said gently, contrasting his usual obnoxious personality. 

Dark shook his head at the claim Wilford made, "She won't ever love me." 

Wilford rolled his eyes, sassing the demon, "Not until you tell the truth of who you are, Damien and Celine." Dark's eyes widened, taken aback by the bold statement.

"You took her away from her life, Dark. It's only natural for her to be hostile towards you at times. And for that, maybe you should take her back to her world." Wilford advised, placing a hand on Dark's shoulder. 

Dark let out an exasperated breath, "If she comes back, Mark will potentially take revenge on me." 

"Naturally he would since you kidnapped his date and a potential fan of his. Plus she barely has any freedom! You made a false promise!" Wilford pleaded. 

Dark rolled his black eyes, "It doesn't matter. She's here and she's mine."

Wilford opened his mouth to say something but Dark snapped in his face, warning him, "Don't get close to her. You two would never have a love like ours." 

The homicidal maniac rolled his eyes, "Love? More like sly manipulation. Dark, (Y/N)... She knows... She's not dumb." Wilford sassed. 

The demon once again rolled his eyes, his fingers dancing along his dark grey suit, "What could she possibly know? She's just another naive girl."

"I wouldn't underestimate her if I were you. Those who do tend to end up undoubtedly wrong." Wilford protested back.

Wilford sensed Dark's frustration as his blue and red aura flickered greatly, standing up from his black desk and getting up in Wilford's face, "Do you know how cold and lonely everything was? Mark took everything from us. Celine and I were alone as we watched him take my body and everything else. I had NOTHING until Mark met (Y/N) at PAX and asked her out. With her, my demons are embraced, yet are calmed down." 

Wilford couldn't help but feel sympathy for the entity, giving him sympathetic eyes. "Dark, you have to be careful. We can't lose another life."

Dark's eyes shied away from Wilford's brown ones. He didn't want to admit that Wilford was right. "Dark, you can't force someone to love you." Wilford softly said. 

Dark huffed, his frustration growing worst, "And that's the problem!" 

Wilford clenched his fists together. Although he was known for being homicidal and sometimes heartless by the fans of Markiplier, he has a very soft heart; seeing as he had the same softness for Celine long ago. "She cares about you! But you might snap and kill her if you don't get your way!" Wilford yelled, stepping back after and preparing for the worst. 

Dark's eyes rolled, "The only one here who would intentionally kill her is you, Wilford."

Hurt by Dark's words, Wilford quietly walked out of Dark's room. Dark sat at his desk, running his hands through his jet black hair. Who knew that Wilford's words would only be the beginning of Dark's heart opening up.