𝟐 - 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐦

my imagination's too creative
they see demon, I see angel

"I choose Horror." You said, smiling a bit after. 

Mark seemed to agree, "Good idea! I've actually never seen this play before. I don't even know who made it, so...could be a fun adventure. Let's give it a try."

Mark opened the door and we heard the curly brown-haired assistant suddenly say, "Good luck.." He looked at us with a stern expression.

"Oh, okay. Alright. Bonjour!" Mark responded. He looked a bit freaked out as we entered the theatre. 

"That was a bit weird..." you say, a little suspicious of the assistant.

Mark tried to change the mood a bit, "Anyway, I uh, don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm a "patron of the arts", and uh... I certainly love new theatres, new plays, new "artists", you know... It all just stokes the embers in my soul." Mark giggled to himself. Hm. Wow. A bit strange. 

"Anyway, I hope this is a good one. Any chance to spend more time with you is...good in my book. Take a seat!" Mark continued. You both sat down, ready to watch the performance. He extended the popcorn out to you, "You want some popcorn?" You reached your hand out but was interrupted and pulled it back. "Oh! It's starting!" Mark exclaimed.

You turned your attention to the stage and saw nothing on there. "Mark, there's nothing there." You said with confusion. You looked back and he wasn't there. Worry washed over you horribly. 'Where the hell did he go? What the fuck is going on?' You thought to yourself. "Mark?! Mark!?" You said, looking for him. A low rumble filled the theatre and glitches filled your vision. Creaking, rumbling, sound of wind filling your delicate ears. You heard a voice but couldn't pinpoint what it was saying. The theatre was becoming smaller in your vision, mirrors of the center stage coming about. You saw Mark standing on the center of the stage and your eyes widened, "Mark? What's going on?" Everything became mirrored and you heard a faint screeching, it slowly becoming louder till everything was a black void. "Hello!? Hello!?  Mark!?"

A loud pitch was heard in your ears as you stared into the nothingness. Mark appeared in front of you, but this Mark didn't look like the Mark you knew. His aura was red and blue, his skin grey as well with deep blackness under his eyes.

"Did you miss me?" This dark version of Mark said, smiling menacingly. "I missed you. Very much."

"I've been waiting a long time to see you again," Again, very much confused right now. Your eyebrows scrunched together at this demonic and horrifying version of Mark. He looked very intimidating and terrifying to you. This wasn't Mark... This was Dark. One of his alter egos that you knew of. "I've been pushed aside... Replaced... Mocked." Dark grew to look angry.

"And then he had to go to not invite me to his little adventure with you," Dark looked offended by Mark's actions and fairly annoyed. "No more. Never again."

"IT'S MY TURN NOW." Dark menacingly said, his body glitching and splitting apart once again. "I'VE BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY! HE PROMISED HE WOULD LET ME IN AGAIN!" Dark's frustrations had been made loud, clear, and known to you.

"I'm tired of giving people a choice." Dark adjusted his suit and gazed into your eyes sternly. He sighed to himself, "But I suppose I could give you one last option."

Four choices appeared in front of you, each of them saying something different.  Dark gestured to them, "Take your pick. Anything of four different choices. More than he could've given you. And let's see how far down this rabbit hole really goes."

You looked at all four choices. "Don't blink", "Don't move", "relax", and "FREEDOM!" You studied the first three, as you realized that those had been commands by him. Of course, you knew what you had to pick. "So take your pick," Dark demanded. "Show me what you've got. And maybe... we'll have a good date after all."

Dark stood up straight, adjusting his hair and smirking at you a bit. You bit your lip anxiously, "I choose..."