Chapter 57

Hey, I'm actually updating on time! Enjoy!

Chapter 57

Death Number Three

A green light...a rune...George...Voldemort...darkness...a slight breeze...cobblestone...soft voices speaking in hushed tones...where was she?

“What do you think we should do?” a female voice asked, one Harri vaguely recognized from all the dementor attacks in her third year.

“Not sure, this hasn’t really happened before,” a male voice replied hesitantly.  

“James, she looks just like you! She even got your hair! Oh, she’s waking up!” the woman whispered excitedly.

“Hey, wake up! There are better places to sleep than the ground,” the man, James, said shaking her shoulder lightly, just enough to stir her from the fogginess in her head.

Harri groaned and her eyes fluttered open. She was greeted with the sight of two people should would have never expected to see again. The woman had dark red hair and bright green eyes, the same as Harri’s. The man had messy raven hair that stuck up in the back and mischievous hazel eyes framed with thick rectangular glasses.

“Mum, dad?” she rasped, eyes tearing up. Harri sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes, trying to believe what she was seeing. Two pairs of arms enveloped her in a hug.

“It’s us, Bambi,” her dad said, kissing the top of her head. Her mother was still looking her over making sure that this was her daughter in front of her and not some copy. 

Harri decided to take a chance and find out what her parents really looked like for the first time in her life. Her father was on the taller side, dressed in faded jeans and a loose red T-shirt, a picture of ease. She really did look an awful lot like him. They shared the same aristocratic features, hair and posture. Her mother on the other hand was on the petite side, but she was dressed in jeans and flattering gold colored blouse. Harri realized that she looked somewhat like her mother, they shared the same body shape nose and eyes.

“Is there something on my face?” her father asked good naturedly when he caught her staring. 

Harri shook her head and smiled. “No, I’m just memorizing what you two look like,” she replied with a humorless laugh.

“Memorize all you like, Bambi,” he told her, pulling her into another hug, which she gladly returned.

Harri took some time to figure out where she was. It looked like the pictures of her home before her parents died. The cottage was a good size for a small family, there was a fence behind her.

“Right, I died...I hope Voldemort went down with me,” Harri mumbled, her memories of the past few hours coming back to her.

“Yes, you took him down, my brave little fawn. But, you my dear, aren’t quite dead yet,” her mother told her with a gentle smile. Harri’s green eyes focused on her mother.

“I sacrificed myself for that rune to work. I should be dead...if Tom’s dead, then I should be too,” Harri said confused.

“Yes...that rune sucks the magical core and life force of the sacrifice dry, but there were two souls inside of you Harri,” her mother explained.

“Two souls...how is that possible?” Harri asked, trying to wrap her head around the information she was being given.

Her dad chuckled from behind her. He had a twinkle in his eyes that reminded Harri of Sirius when he executed a prank perfectly. “As it turned out, there was one of Voldemort’s horcruxes inside of you. That’s what your scar meant. There was always a connection between the two of you, but when he hit you with the killing curse the rune killed the horcrux, the one unwilling to die and backlashed on Voldemort. Since the horcrux was the first things to be destroyed, Voldemort died when the spell rebounded. It was perfect and you didn’t even need your wand, you little Marauder,” her dad explained ruffling her hair fondly. So, she wasn’t dead, just floating on the cusp between life or death.