Chapter 56

Another chapter for you all! Sorry my updates haven't been on time, I've been sick. =( Enough about me, enjoy!

Chapter 56

Till Death Due us Part...

Harri spoke to her godfather about the concept of the last horcrux, but he told her that the teenage Voldemort was most likely lying. What horcrux would they not want to willingly destroy? She begrudgingly agreed with him. Though, deep down she felt that there was another horcrux, another piece of Voldemort somewhere. She would need to find proof that there was another one out there and somehow and destroy it, no matter the risks or the consequences.

Harri didn’t know when the shift happened, but she found herself becoming more serious and distant from her friends and family. Maybe it was her impending battle against Voldemort, quidditch practice, OWLs, tutoring, homework, or the extra lessons on dark magic...they were draining the life out of her. She rarely spent time with her friends and she hadn’t seen Sirius outside of the classroom to talk to him in weeks. 

For the first time in her five years at Hogwarts she was happy that quidditch was ending in a month. They had steamrolled Ravenclaw, they were having a rebuilding year, since most of their teammates graduated the previous year. 

The only problematic team she figured was Hufflepuff, Cedric was their captain after all.

George found her more often than not sound asleep in the common room. Harri didn’t even remember the last time she had slept in her own bed. 

During one of her more in depth study sessions she found a rune that perplexed her. She was going to turn the page to read more, but a hand came down and shut the book on her and another pair of hands took it away. “Hey!” she complained getting out of the chair, only to find Fred and George holding her book captive. Fred had the book dangling in the air, Harri cursed the Weasley twins’ heights and jumped at the book, even though she knew that she couldn’t reach it. She crossed her arms.

Suddenly, another pair of arms grabbed her by the waist and lifted her over his shoulder. “You need a break,” George told her, carrying her like a sack of potatoes. The twins marched her through the hallways, led her outside and approached the Black Lake. It wasn’t a cold day, it was actually rather warm, winter had passed and exams were right around the corner. Surprisingly, there weren’t that many students out, even though the weather was lovely.

When she realized that George wasn’t putting her down on the shore she figured out what they were planning. “George Fabian Weasley, put me down!” she shouted, struggling in his grip. She was only wearing her white blouse, her school skirt, and her knee high socks. She did not want to be thrown in the water, but it seemed that George had other plans for her. He took her to the docks and jumped in with her still in his arms. The water wasn’t freezing, but it was still cold. 

When she broke the surface of the water, hair plastered to her face and eyes burning from the water that got in them, she saw George grinning at her and surprisingly, she laughed. Harri swam over to him and pushed his head under the water for a few moments, just for revenge. The ginger came back up for air, spluttering and flailing around, only making Harri laugh louder, she was floating on her back, kicking with suppressed chuckles. 

After she calmed down, she pulled George closer to her with his Gryffindor tie. He got a mischievous glint in his eyes that was mixed with another emotion that Harri didn’t recognize. They brought their lips together for a brief kiss.

Moments later, Fred decided to dive in and join them, breaking up their little moment. “You’ve been too serious lately, Harri. We made an executive decision to stop you from studying today, tomorrow and this weekend. We’re going to Hogsmeade! We need you to have some fun! You’re turning into Hermione!” Fred told her, pointing his finger at her accusingly.