Chapter 11

This was my favorite chapter to write! Enjoy!

Chapter 11

Detention

Filch took them straight to McGonagall’s office. The twins and Harri stood casually outside her door. They had a valid reason to be out of bed. Neville’s toad could have gotten killed! 

When McGonagall opened the door she already had a scowl on her face. That was when they knew that they were in a lot more trouble than they originally thought.

“Why were you in the astronomy at one in the morning!” she nearly shouted at the trio. She had expected this of the Weasley twins, but not of Harriet. She had thought she was more like her mother…not a trouble maker like her father. 

“Would you believe that we were rescuing a toad?” Fred asked hopefully. The glare his head of house gave him was enough of an answer.

“First I find a Slytherin out of bed and now you three, never have I had to deal four students out of bed!” McGonagall replied. Harri could tell that her transfigurations professor was lying through her teeth. Her father and his friends had been caught out of bed multiple times.

“Professor, we were rescuing a toad for a friend! He couldn’t find it anywhere and no one knows like school like the Weasley twins. It took us forever to find the poor thing,” Harri said, trying to reason with her.

McGonagall narrowed her eyes at her first year student. She knew Harri’s father many years ago and he and his friends had caused her a lot of trouble. She didn’t want Harri following in her father’s footsteps and seeing her out of bed crushed all her hopes that she wouldn’t have a second generation of Marauders. 

“Where is this toad you keep telling me about?” she asked completely serious because she really doubted that they had one.

“George, show her the toad,” Harri urged. George pulled out Trevor from his robe pocket and showed it McGonagall. 

The transfigurations professor sighed. “I’ll be taking forty points from each of you for being out of bed. Now, get out of my sight before I take more points from you.”

The twins and Harri left her office feeling incredibly disheartened. They had nearly lost the entire lead from the quidditch match in one night, all for helping Neville. When they got back to the common room they handed Neville his toad and explained to him what had happened. The young boy was horrified that because of his toad they had lost all of those points. 

“I’m so sorry that I caused all that trouble…everyone is going to be so mad at you in the morning,” Neville apologized, nearly in tears. Harri kept telling him that he didn’t need keep saying sorry. They were the ones that got caught, not him.

“If only I hadn’t been distracted by Alya, she had been bothering me all day about how I lose Trevor so often…” Neville said in a disappointed voice. He took one last look at the trio and ran up the stairs to boy’s dorms.

“See you tomorrow, Harri. We’re going to be in a lot of trouble with the rest of our house tomorrow,” Fred told her as George ruffled her hair.

Harri bid the twins goodnight and went to give Hermione the bad news. She had been right in a certain sense. They did get caught after hours and they did get in trouble, but it was strange. Filch never patrols that area of the castle at that time of night. It was almost as if he got tipped off…that was when the realization struck Harri. Alya had set everything up, but Filch had turned on her and turned her into McGonagall.

She was beyond mad, that snake was trying to set Neville up! Harri stormed up the girl’s staircase and ran into her room. Hermione was jarred awake when Harri flung the door open.