Chapter 40

Sorry that this is so late! I ended up with a migraine on Thursday and then I was out all day yesterday and today! Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 40

The Yule Ball

Christmas was fast approaching and Harri was getting nervous. She still needed dress robes for the Yule Ball. Though, before she left for Hogsmeade the weekend before the ball she was waiting for Sirius to call her on the two way mirror. 

They tried to talk to each other at least twice a month, but Sirius had been too busy to have a proper conversation with her the past few calls, leaving Remus to talk to her. It wasn’t that she minded talking to Remus, but Sirius was like her father. Remus was more like her Uncle.

She fiddled with her braid for a few minutes and sighed. She was about to put the mirror away and just leave, figuring that her godfather forgot about her, but the mirror suddenly went off and she dove for the bed. When she looked into the small object she saw that it was Remus on the other side, again. 

“He’s too busy to talk with me again?” she said with a frown. She saw Remus run a hand through his sandy blonde hair. He was obviously stressed about this situation.

“You know he cares about you, Bambi. Sirius is just busy and needs to get his priorities straight. You know how he is,” he replied and Harri’s green eyes narrowed, what priorities would Sirius need to straighten out? What was her godfather doing?

“What is Sirius doing?” Harri asked. She had just assumed it was work.

“It’s nothing important. Did you know that he’s really upset that you won’t be here for Christmas for the first time,” Remus said changing the subject to something that would make her feel guilty.

“I know. I wish I didn’t need to participate in this stupid tournament. Tell Sirius that he better talk to me before Christmas or I’ll have the twins go after him,” she threatened lightly. 

Remus smiled at that. “Speaking of the twins, how are you and George Weasley doing? He does realize that if he ever hurts you that he’ll have to deal with an Auror and an angry werewolf?” Remus asked innocently.

Harri laughed, at the comment. “He does know the dangers of dating me, no worries. Though, I’m pretty sure he and Fred can enact revenge on you for anything you do to him...” she replied and looked at her watch, she had five minutes before she had to leave.

“Not if he’s dead,” she heard Remus mutter. The two talked to each other for a few more minutes before Harri heard Hermione call her from the bottom of the stairs.

“I better get going, I have to go and look for dress robes for the Yule Ball,” she told Remus was a grimace. 

It looked like Remus was about to say something, but Harri put the mirror away and made her way to the door. She’d have to question her Godfather’s flakiness later. 

She was going to go to Hogsmeade with Hermione and Wendi to try and pick out dress robes for the ball. She figured that it was going to be easy to find a dress for her, she wasn’t picky, but trying to find one for Hermione was going to be a challenge. The studious Gryffindor was very critical of the dresses that she looked at and Harri worried that they wouldn’t find one for her before they had to return to the castle.

Harri had found the perfect dress within the first fifteen minutes of their shopping adventure. It took Wendi forty more minutes and Hermione still hadn’t found one by the time they stopped for a break.