Chapter 27

Sorry that I'm late updating. I had some family stuff to take care of and then I had some minor health problems. Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 27

Professor Mooney

The summer before Harri’s third year was noisy, to say the least. The twins came over a few times in the beginning of the summer. The boys enjoyed looking at her glass encased basilisk fang necklace, which unlike popular belief, was a real shrunken basilisk fang. Sadly, her time with the twins was cut shot, but it was for a good reason. Their family won a quite a few galleons in a contest and the entire Weasley family, minus Charlie, who was in Romania, took a trip to Egypt. Fred and George would send her pictures of their family and Harri would send back stories of Sirius’ and Remus’ constant prank war. 

Some of the pranks were harmless, while others caused more damage to the house than magic could fix. There were quite a few scorch marks from where fires started. A few places where some of the scorch marks were located were, on the sitting room floor, the bedposts around the house, the sink, the ceiling and under Sirius’ bed. Needless to say, Harri wasn’t happy when the smoke alarms kept going off, but the letters she got back from the twins telling her to keep updating them on the pranks was enough to make her smile.

The only major surprise that summer was when Harri showed Sirius a picture of the Weasley family in Egypt. Her godfather became really quiet and snatched the picture right out of her hand. He ran right into the kitchen and called for Remus, who was at the house at the time. He was in between jobs again. 

Remus ran into the room and everything became tense. Both Harri and Draco had their ears pressed against the door to the kitchen, wondering what was going on and why Sirius reacted so rashly to a picture.

“Remus, you know who that is! He isn’t dead! He’s been at Hogwarts the entire time! He could have hurt our Harri! What are we going to do?” they heard Sirius whisper frantically. Harri could tell that her godfather was really rattled by what he saw in the picture because he called her Harri and not Bambi.

“Sirius, find out when the Weasleys are coming back from their trip and then confront them about the problem. You’re a high ranking Auror, there shouldn’t be any struggle,” they heard Remus reply calmly. Harri knew that Remus was only feigning his calm demeanor to help Sirius stay levelheaded, which was a feat all on its own. Despite being a top Auror Sirius was fantastic at panicking.

“I guess that you’re right…do you think we should explain this to the kids? I mean they are standing right outside the doorway,” Sirius asked loudly enough for Draco and Harri to hear. They both fell into the door in shock and tumbled into the kitchen, face first. Both of them got up and sat down at the table, where the two adults were, with sheepish smiles on their faces.

“What’s the big secret?” Harri questioned as she sat down in the chair next to Draco. She didn’t like it when her godfather hid things from her.

Sirius rubbed the back of his head and sighed, his grey eyes that were usually full of mischief were full of worry and anger. “Well, there’s someone in the picture with the Weasleys that shouldn’t be there. The rat on the youngest Weasley boy’s shoulder is Peter Pettigrew…the man that killed your parents.”

“Sirius, have a little more tacked than that!” Remus scolded by hitting him with a rolled up newspaper like a dog who misbehaved. “Harri, do you know when the Weasley’s are coming back from their trip?”

“In a few weeks, why?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. She figured that things were beginning to get interesting with Remus and Sirius after the man that killed her parents.