Chapter 45

Hey, wow, it's Tuesday already...enjoy!

Chapter 45

Scars Build Character

“What happened to him?” Harri asked worried.

“Draco and Luna were taking care of Cho when Alya attacked them. Apparently, she knocked Luna out and then brutally attacked Draco. He was covered in blood when Pomfrey found him. Sadly, no one can actually pin it on Alya. Luna only got a glimpse of the her and the teachers said that they need more evidence. Pomfrey isn’t sure if Draco will make it...” Hermione explained. As soon as the words left Hermione’s mouth Harri ran.

Harri sprinted towards the Hospital Wing, leaving Hermione desperately trying to catch up to her. 

She burst through the Hospital Wing doors. She spotted Draco’s bed instantly, Luna was sitting next to him, her small hand in one of his. He had a bandage over his left eye and along his arms. His blonde hair had blood in it, giving it a copper color. He was also a few shades paler than he usually was, which made him have an almost grey skin tone.

Madam Pomfrey was a few feet away examining Cho, who had started to look better over the past few days. She had regained her teeth, neck and most of her torso. It seemed that she was getting along with Luna and being grateful for the life she has. Though, Cho looked like she had been hit with a curse or two, she even had a cut on her flipper.

Harri didn’t want to disturb Madam Pomfrey, so she went to Draco’s bed quietly.

Luna saw her right away and came up to her with puffy red eyes. “Harri, it’s all my fault. If I hadn’t asked him to help me with Cho this would have never happened,” she sobbed. Harri hugged the younger girl, trying to sooth her as best she could.

“Ah, Ms. Potter! I just sent word to your godfather about Draco’s condition. His cousin used a cutting curse that I’d only seen once or twice. Luckily, Professor Snape was there to help, but I digress. Draco’s left eye was hurt very badly and I don’t know if he’ll ever see out of it again. He will live, and that’s what’s important. If we ever get concrete evidence against Ms. Lestrange she’ll be expelled. She even attacked Ms. Chang. I’m worried about her, she didn’t have as many cuts on her as Draco. I’m worried something else might have been done to her,” Madam Pomfrey explained looking at the seal-girl in front of her.

The only thing they could do was wait for Draco to wake up. In the meantime, Harri had started to practice defense spells with Fleur in the Transfiguration classroom. Cedric and Viktor didn’t want to share their secrets with them, so they didn’t participate in their defense practice.

“I’d rather have an ally in the final task than three enemies,” Harri said after a rather rigorous set of spells. Both girls were panting, taking a brief break.

“I agree. We ‘ave a better chance of winning this way,” Fleur replied, even after the entire work out, she didn’t have a hair out of place. Harri wondered how she did it.

“We better get back to work, we don’t want the boys to beat us, right?” Harri asked with a small smile.

“Sure, wand at the ready, ‘Arri,” Fleur told her bringing her wand up. Before long the room was filled with jets of light in varying colors.

In between classes and practice sessions with Fleur, Harri would visit Draco in the Hospital Wing. His left eye was uncovered and there was a fresh scar that ran from right above his left eyebrow, running diagonally down his eye. Pomfrey had checked his eye and luckily, he’d be able to see out of it again. 

She had even caught Snape checking on Draco. He seemed genuinely concerned for his godson. He was running his hand through Draco’s hair in a concerned parental way. “He’d appreciate it if you did that more often. I think he feels like he’s a burden to you,” Harri told him.