Chapter 35

Another chapter uplaoded. Enjoy!

Chapter 35

Rare Magical Artifacts get Tricked Too Easily

People were whispering excitedly as Viktor went into the building. Harri felt extremely bad for the young quidditch player. She knew the feeling of being talked about when she was in the same room as the people whispering. Viktor didn’t seem to have any luck with keeping a low profile, especially now that he was at Hogwarts, which was the gossip capital of the magical world.

Harri turned to look at Wendi, who was watching the scene in front of her with a scowl on her face. She knew that Wendi didn’t like people gawking at her cousin. “Are you all dense? He’s a wizard just like you. Now, move on!” she shouted angrily.

“You just want him all to yourself!” an older student yelled from the other side of the courtyard.

“He’s my cousin! Are you lot daft?” she growled and everyone took a step back from her when they saw a few sparks come out of her wand warningly. 

Harri put a hand on her friend’s shoulder, successfully holding her back. She didn’t want Wendi hurting anyone, not yet anyway. If they continued to act like that she might just let the Bulgarian girl cast spells at them.

“Honestly, you’d think they’d know that he was taken already, right, Hermione?” Harri said, nudging her blushing friend.

“We’ve kept it very quiet. Neither of us want any public attention...” she admitted shyly and both Harri and Wendi rolled their eyes.

The students moved back to the great hall in one big mass of people. They sat down at their respective tables and waited for the foreign schools to pick a house table. 

The Beauxbaton students sat at the Ravenclaw table, while, much to the other houses displeasure, Durmstrang sat at the Slytherin table. It seemed that the Slytherin house had the most open seats, which wasn’t all that surprising since it was the most selective house to get into. Alya looked particularly smug at the fact that Viktor was sitting at her table. 

Harri rolled her eyes. If Alya knew that she had been friend’s with Viktor for years the Slytherin girl might explode from jealously.

Dumbledore greeted the new students happily, “Good evening, welcome to Hogwarts. I hope that you will enjoy your stay here!” 

One girl from the Beauxbaton group covered a laugh with her hand and Hermione narrowed her eyes at the girl’s behavior. “She didn’t have to come if she didn’t want to,” she muttered angrily. 

Harri shrugged, she agreed that it was rude of her to act like that, but it wasn’t like they could stop her from acting out. On top of that, Harri figured that the French girl must have been extremely homesick.

The feast began without a hitch. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food immensely. There was a wide variety to choose from. There were a lot of French foods littering the tables, many that Hermione seemed to favor eating. Wendi on the other hand was eating the Bulgarian cuisine that appeared in front of her.

“What are you eating Wendi?” Fred asked when he saw her eating something he didn’t recognize.

“Kebapche, you should try some. It’s really good,” she told him as she took another bite of the meat.

“Maybe next time,” he replied shaking his head at the younger girl. He turned his head to Harri, who was in a deep conversation with his twin. He smiled, he was glad that George had found someone to confide in.