55

[ tw: crying. fluff, huffing, kissing. gay shit. yall ;") ]

"So why here?" Adora asked. They arrived in a very familiar flower bed. "Well, Double Trouble said they took you here, and I wanted to see if what they said was true."

They held hands and stepped into the center, the flower starting to light up and flame up immediately. Catra flinched but Adora held her hands tighter. "It's ok, they won't hurt..probably..right?" Catra laughed nervously at Adora's attempt to comfort and clenched her hands.

Adora stared around at the burning flowers in awe. Her face shimmered against the fire. Catra was slightly at a loss for words.

"Hey Adora."

"Hey Catra."

The two were silent for a bit, holding hands in the flowers.

Suddenly, though, Adora let go and bent down, grabbing one and holding it up for her friend. "You take it this time," she convinced. Catra took it in her claws and stared at it, almost enamored. Adora smiled and reached for her present but paused..was this the right time?

"I have to tell you something," Catra said.

"I do too," Adora said.

Catra tipped a bit of the stem off of the flower and was about to put it in Adora's hair but the blonde whined. "No, no no, you'll burn me stop!"

"Oh, and you said they wouldn't hurt??"

"We're standing in them!"

"You're a liar!"

"Says you!"

Adora shoved Catra back playfully and the two laughed. "Ok, but seriously, just put it on."

Catra held onto Adora's cheeks and stuffed it into her hair. "Aaah—oh, it doesn't burn me. Woah.."

"Adora I want to marry you."

Adora looked down at her best friend. "I know," she said with a smile. "I made something for you." Catra grinned. "I did too."

They both turned around and took deep breaths. They closed their eyes in sync, turning around and showing off their rings that they made.

"Oh..wow," Adora gushed. "It looks so..so.."

"Just say it sucks, please." Catra whined.

"No, Catra, it doesn't suck at all!" Adora makes the feline put the ring on her. "It looks amazing." She took out her own ring and slipped it onto Catra's hand. The feline admired the ring. "Of course it's perfect," she teased, "just like you."

"Oh shush, that took forever!"

They laughed again. The air was still. It was easy to breathe. Time to go into action. "I heard something about, when you get married, you get on one knee and say will you marry me? but that doesn't sound cool or anything."

"Catra I think that's proposing," Adora smiled sideways. "Before getting married." Catra pauses. "Oh. Can I propose to you?"

"Yeah sure."

Catra tensed, slowly going onto her knee and laying her forearm on her thigh. "What now?" Catra asked. "You have to say will you marry me?"

"Ok, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

Catra got up and dusted herself off. "Ok? Do we kiss or..?"

"We can," Adora suggested. Her eyes gleamed. "Fine then." Catra leaned in and the two kissed in the firey meadow.

Adora grabbed at Catra's thighs and the cat girl jumped up, being caught in her friend's' arms. She clawed against her cheeks and kissed her well and passionately.

Evening rose.

[credit to artofkace on twitter! they also have a tumblr i think??]