35

"How did you..know?" Catra urged.

Entrapta smiled weakly. "I had a feeling when I couldn't find him at first. And no one would answer my questions on him so.."

She blinked some tears away. "I'm glad Prime was stopped, and I'm glad he didn't die thinking he was a defect.."

Catra nodded. "He still did terrible things..but I'm......sorry."

"Where's Double Trouble by the way..?"

Catra stiffened. "They didn't come back..." she choked out. "They must have not realized, or.."

"Hey, it's ok." Entrapta slowly embraced the feline. "DT must've wanted to be with their people one last time for..their last act, so to speak."

"Not funny.." Catra played with Entrapta's hair to distract herself.

"Hey guys!!"

The two looked over as Frosta ran in panting. "Adora—shes awake!!"

They looked at each other and smiled, running after Frosta.

. . .

"Adora??"

The blonde groaned loudly and tried sitting up, but Glimmer teleported to her side and gingerly pushed her down.

Catra and Entrapta followed by Frosta ran in and gasped simultaneously. "She looks like nothing even hit her!" Entrapta shared.

"Well nothing really did.." Catra muttered, frowning and looking away. She watched as the blonde finally opened her eyes wide, looking back and forth.

"Where's Catra??" She yelled hoarsely, coughing.

"Adora relax, you just woke up! Don't strain yourself—" Glimmer was shoved away as Adora stood up shakily, limping over to the feline.

Catra stepped back in fear. "Adora—"

The blonde tripped over her shoe and almost fell over but Catra reached out and caught her. "Jeez, Adora, you're gonna hurt yourself! Stop it!"

"I'm so sorry.." the warrior wailed, holding onto the cat for dear life. "I..I meant what I said, but you're not a monster, you were just scared..I'm sorry.."

Catra helped Adora sit down on the ground and heard sobs against her chest. "Why're you..?"

"I hurt you, I know I hurt you but I couldn't stop...I wanted to stop I wanted to I swear.."

Catra brought the blonde's face out so she could see it. "It's ok.." she felt herself getting emotional too. "I deserved it.."

The other princesses stood there in shock but Scorpia whistled and guided them all out nervously. The ship door shut behind them.

"No you didn't! I called you a monster and I almost killed you! I-I didn't want to, my body was shutting down I'm so sorry—"

Catra caught herself crying but didn't care to stop it. "Stop talking. I deserved everything you put me through—"

"NO!" Adora sobbed. She hugged Catra tightly and cried into her shoulder. The feline didn't think twice this time and hugged back, stroking the blonde's hair gently.

Adora leaned away from Catra and looked away around the walls of the ship but Catra frowned, holding the other's cheek. The feline moved her finger to wipe away Adora's thick tears.

"I don't want you to leave again.." she admitted. "I don't wanna leave you again.." Adora admitted as well.

"....You promise?" Catra asked in a whisper.

Adora choked on her words and wiped her tears away instead.

The feline sighed and hugged Adora first this time. "I get it. You don't have to promise."

She felt Adora shake and hug back. "I...I'm not gonna break my promise. I swear."

Catra smiled against Adora's shoulder and leaned into the touch. "I know you won't."

The two stayed in a seated hug position for awhile until Catra needed to stretch her legs.

"Adora get off, I need to pee."

No response.

"Adora seriously get off!"

Still no response.

"Adora!"

Catra groaned and shoved the blonde off but she hit her head on the ship floor and jolted awake.

"OW! Catra.." Adora moaned, rubbing her head tiredly.

"You're a baby."

"You're a pus—"

"Adora! God just—c'mon get on my back idiot."

"Huh?"

Catra stood up and stretched, peering down at the dumb jock quizzically. She crouched down and smirked. "What? Scared I'll drop you?"

"No, I..just....it brings back some memories is all."

Adora weakly got onto Catra's back and felt herself get suspended into the air; she gripped tight to the feline's neck.

"You're gonna choke me before we can even move stop it!"

"Sorry!"

Catra sighed and gripped onto Adora's thighs hard, walking forward and kicking the ship door. It opened and the only one standing there was Glimmer, who's eyes widened and she covered her mouth.

Catra hissed at her. "Uhm.."

"Whatever, you're still hurt and now your dumb princess friend is gonna make a fool out of me."

"Catra, no I just—" Glimmer giggled against her will.

"Shut it Sparkles, I'll never hear the end of it! I'm just making sure this idiot doesn't walk!"

During this exchange Adora felt relaxed against her frenemies back. She nuzzled her face into Catra's shoulder and closed her eyes smiling.

"—I can still fight you! Don't test me!"

"Oh yeah, with what?? A fist full of glitter?"

"Oh please, all you have is long nails!"

"Claws, Princess. Don't deny my work."

"Psh, ok weirdo."

"Adora back me up here!"

The two paused when there was no response back.

Glimmer's expression warmed up and she strolled over, looking up at Catra thankfully. "Thank you."

Catra was slightly caught off guard, but just cleared her throat and looked away nervously. "Whatever."

She walked out with Adora and Glimmer watched them go. She sighed with relief and smoothed back her hair.

Everything was working out.