Chapter 26

I keep my face blank as I innocently pick up my towel and pajamas from the end of my bed, careful not to alert Beau of my intentions.

Since getting back from school we haven't spoken. I've avoided him like the plague up until now, steering clear of our bedroom until almost all pack members had filtered out of the main living areas, forcing me to follow suit.

I sneak a subtle glance in Beau's direction and hope that he doesn't look up from his phone as I casually take a step towards the bathroom.

I quickly make it the rest of the way and slam the door behind me, locking it.

"You little-"

I cut off Beau's growl by turning the water on, suppressing the shiver that accompanies the realisation that I'll have to go back out there sooner or later.

"You realise I have the key right? I'll just drag you straight back out here, Love" He yells through the door, banging on it once before I hear him shuffling around in our room.

I glare into the mirror as I let my hair down, sending it falling over my shoulders. Satisfaction tweaking my expression into a sad smirk as I glance at the key on the sink.

I hop into the shower before the yelling begins, letting the hot steam drown out the sounds.

By the time I get out Beau has given up his attack and is most likely waiting it out on the other side of the door.

So obviously, I take my time in drying myself, frowning slightly as I pull the silk pajamas over my figure. However, I'm unable to deny the fact that they are extremely comfortable, the fabric slipping cooly past my skin as I move.

I place myself in front of the mirror eventually, residing to stalling as time ticks unavoidably closer to the moment that I have to step out the door.

I pull open the cupboards under the sink out of curiosity, doing a double take when I spot a hairbrush and multiple hair bands littered among the soaps and extra toilet paper.

I pull them out carefully, as not to knock over any of the bottles. I place the ties on the sink top before running the brush through my hair, coaxing it through the knots.

My hair flows down past my shoulders in stringy waves once I'm done, the wet strands darkened past their usual light brown.

I don't bother putting it into a ponytail, deciding to let it air dry as I fish my towel from the floor, snatching my dirty clothes as I make my way over to the door.

I have to go out sooner or later so I might as well do it now.

I don't bother to say anything as I unlock the door and swiftly open it, making a beeline for my bed, my half of the room. Making sure to keep my eyes down, so much to the point that I'm not sure if Beau is actually in the room or not.

But just as I ditch my towel and clothes into my laundry basket I get my answer; Beau's bed creaking slightly as he gets to his feet.

I don't flinch as he makes his way over to me until he's standing directly in front of me. But still my gaze doesn't leave the ground.

He moves closer, his movements intentional as he forces me to move back until my legs press against my duvet. I clench my fists, anger firing up in my chest.

I see him react, signalling that he's noticed my discomfort as he leans further towards me.

I lean away and just as he planned, my legs buckle as my knees fold around the bed.

I find myself in a seated position, Beau towering over me.

I immediatly feel vulnerable and rush to get to my feet, planting my hands on Beau's chest to push him back.

But he doesn't budge, his grip landing on my shoulders in a lightening quick movement.

My neck snaps up as I'm forced back onto my bed, my eyes flashing as they narrow, my lips curling as I hold back a snarl. "Get your hands off me"

He smirks.

I fling my arms up, forcing them up to the inside of his arms and knocking his hands from my shoulders.

He doesn't seem fazed, moving them instead to grip my jaw. He smiles as I freeze, knowing that the flashing in his eyes heeds a warning to me as I fend off the waves of dominance rolling off it, him.

He tightens his grip "You will never learn when to stop, will you Love?" He moves his face closer, his teeth gritting as he struggles to keep control "I warned you before and I'll warn you again. Don't challenge someone who is superior over you. You, you are the lowest of the low, you are at the very bottom." He growls, his voice gathering volume as he continues.

"You are and always will be inferior. A rogue." His lips curl at the word, his eyes gaining a sad look through the anger, memories flashing behind his eyes.

I shrink away from the emotion, reeling with confusion as he takes in my reaction swiftly.

But before I can think further on it he tightens his grip on my face, his fingers crushing it as he trembles, his eyes holding a far away look as he glares at me.

I whimper at the sharp pain, reaching my hands up helplessly and planting them over his, trying to tug his iron grip from my skin.

He seems to register this, his eyes flicking briefly to my hands. Then his grip tightens even more, but only for a fraction of a second before he seems to snap out of where ever he was, throwing me to the side as he releases me.

I curl up on my side, pressing my face into the duvet as tears gather in my eyes.

But Beau's not done, unable to restrain himself as he leans over my figure, his shoulders shaking in anger. "You, your kind, you will never, never hurt anyone close to me again." He spits "I swear, I will kill you before you even get close"

I nod frantically, pressing my back against the wall, my previous confidence shattering as I indulge completely in the fact that I'm trapped.

So much that I miss the moment that Beau leaves, the moment that he storms towards the door. I miss the moment that he slams it, the moment that he swipes the single tear from his cheek. The moment that that single drop of moisture splatters as he punches the wall, the plaster crumbling beneath his fist.

~~~~~
A /N:

Thank you so much for 2.49k reads! I am so so sorry for the late update! Please give me your feedback as I feel like most of you guys are extremely silent. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm a silent reader aswell. Anyway, please don't hesitate to vote or comment! Love you guys x