Chapter 10

I quickly learned that the group escorting me were something of a big deal, eyes following them as I was escorted through the entranceway and up the stairs. Where I was permitted two minutes in the bathroom to change into a pair of shorts and a shirt. I put the hoodie back on afterwards, another layer of protection in my eyes.

Now seated in a meeting room of sorts, I begin to sense the serious moods of the guys, how serious of a situation I am in. Currently with two guys on either side of me, each with a hand on my shoulders, restraining me.

I feel the hysterical urge to laugh, only a few hours ago I didn't even know these guys and now I'm getting to know them better than I want to. So far, I know each of their names, keeping track of them from segments of their conversations.

There's Beau, who seems to be the leader, Ace, who is close friends with Beau, Kal, who's hoodie I'm wearing and Luca, who hasn't spoken much at all.

I can hear them whispering behind me, their voices clipped and quiet in such a way that I can't hear what they're saying. This fact in itself causes unease to prickle my skin. I twist my fingers against each other, trying to calm my growing nerves.

"What are you talking about?" I finally ask, frustration joining my panic.

Nobody replies and the whispering continues. However, one hand in particular tightens on my shoulder, just enough to hurt. Don't speak.

Feeling more than alone, I reach for my wolf. But I can't find her, her presence on just wavering at the back of my mind, unreachable.

I ignore the dread welling in my chest. 'It doesn't matter' I tell myself. I've been alone for the last nine years, I've made it this far without her, without my family. So I clench my teeth tight, still my fidgeting hands and wait.

After several minutes I feel the guys shift, their conversation abruptly ending as they seem to straighten. The the door opens, a male figure entering the room before moving to stand in front of us, me.

I see Beau nod out of the corner of my eye "Alpha" he greets, the other guys following cue.

I stay quiet, looking in shock to the guy in front of us. This is the alpha? He's only a few years older than me, 23 maybe. Though, I don't speak my thoughts, his levelled gaze centred on my face shaking my confidence. I glare back instead.

But apparently this won't do.

"Stand up" I hear Beau hiss, each of the hands on my shoulders slipping to my upper arms at once. I'm yanked upwards in sync, my body jerking off the seat slightly. "Show some respect" he growls lowly.

The alpha watches us silently.

I keep glaring.

I've decided that if I'm going to die. I'm going to die with pride, dignity. So I resist their pull and grip the bottom of the chair, keeping myself firmly seated. I do not stand.

Then, to my astonishment, I'm released. But only for a second. Beau twists me around in my seat, gripping my cheeks in one hand roughly "Stand or I'll make you"

I glare into his eyes, blue on black "What? No cutsie nickname?" I pout.

"Fine" he growls, moving behind me and taking my arms in one hand, securely pinning them together before twisting them up behind my back. I flinch as my muscles pull, screaming to be released. Then I'm yanked upwards, a gasp escaping my lips as I'm pulled into a standing position, this time there is no resisting. Once I'm on my feet Beau forces my head down into a sort of bow.

A flush of anger colours my cheeks as I'm held still, a humiliating whimper escaping my lips as my arms throb.

I hear a breath of air hit my neck when I don't move, don't resist and Beau loosens his grip, but doesn't release me. Probably a good idea seeing as I'd probably rip his throat out.

I keep my eyes down as the alpha surveys me, glaring daggers into the tile. My eyes flickering to a drain in the very centre of the room, the floor sloping slightly towards it. I look away just as quick, keeping my thoughts from guessing what it's for.

"She's a rogue you say?" The alpha says finally, addressing Beau, who must nod as the alpha continues "Okay, we'll take her in for interrogation and then situate her in one of the holding cells." He commands, authority clear in his voice.

My head snaps up, startling the guys as I tense my body, a low growl forming at the back of my throat.

Beau yanks my arms tight again but I ignore him, the tearing pain.

A cell? There's no way they're putting me in there. If I'm going escape it will have to be soon.

The alpha steps forward to meet me, tilting my chin. "If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear." He whispers "Then we'll take you home"

"Bullshit" I hiss before I spit into his face, attempting to rip from Beau's grip as the room erupts in chaos. But his hold only tightens and I'm whipped to the side, towards the ground.

So I shift mid-air, landing on four feet and spinning to face my attackers. Each of them has already shifted, milliseconds after me. I ignore the sheer size of their wolves, the rippling muscle. I have speed and smarts.

I feint towards them, a snarl ripping through the air before I dodge and dart from the room. My black fur becoming a blur as I manipulate the strands to match the shadows.

I catapult down the stairs, past the atstonished stares of pack members and out the door. But through a glimmer of hope I feel a whoosh of air.

Then a body slams into mine, knocking me flat and pinning me at the shoulders. Beau. I lurch upwards, snapping my teeth inches from his neck before a paw slams my head into the ground.

I continue to snarl as I become surrounded, my hope diminished, gone. I've got no chance.

Beau shifts still on top of me, still managing to pin me. I know I could throw him off but I'd be caught moments later, the heavy scent of numerous wolves circling me.

"Going somewhere Sweetheart?"

~~~~~
A/N:

Thanks for reading! Thoughts? Favourite character?

Comments and feedback are welcome and highly needed! I want to know what you think!