Chapter Sixteen ~ My Weakness

Roman came into my room in the middle of the night.

I pretended to sleep as he sat next to my bed. I felt him gently set my hand in his hand.

I heard him sniffle a bit and then clear this throat to speak, "Mia, I'm so sorry that I did this to you. This is my fault. You don't know how bad I feel. I'm such an idiot. You're probably never going to forgive me for this happening to you. I know you hate it when you get panic attacks. I just can't believe that I did that to the person who I love."

I open my eyes and slowly turn my head to face Roman. Once I see him, I sit up.

"Mia, I-"

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Even in the darkness of the room, I could still see Roman's beautiful face.

"I-I um...was just about t-to leave." He stuttered. I couldn't help but smile at how he sounded. He quickly gets up and heads for the door, but I say his name, which makes him stop and turn around.

"I never said you had to leave. Stay, please?"

He sighed in defeat and sat back in the chair. His hand, once again, found it's way to mine.

"That reminds me, I heard what you said. I only pretended to sleep."

"I had a feeling that you were awake." He said, shaking his head and chuckling.

"I'm sorry about everything, Roman." I finally managed to say again. "I shouldn't have done that, and I feel so bad about it. I just feel an amazingly huge amount of guilt. I hurt you by leaving to find Seth. I was too worried about my own needs." I said, tears getting ready to fall from my eyes.

Roman leaned in and gently began to kiss me on the lips. Wow, I thought. I let out a sigh during the kiss. It's something I needed for the longest time. Roman chuckled.

Once we pulled away, Roman stood up. "I have to go. I'm going to the gym early. Don't want anyone there. I'll be back."

"Have fun, Roman." I said, smiling in the dark.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you, too." And with that, he walked out leaving me alone in the dark.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The doctors gave me some medicine, but I forget what it was called or what it was supposed to do to me. All I know was that my vision was very blurry. I'd be out of here by tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

What am I going to do tomorrow?

My stomach twisted in knots thinking about that question. Would life just go back to normal?

The door opened and in stepped a man with long black hair. He was wearing light jeans and a black V-Neck, which showed off his muscular arms. Roman!

I held out my arms and said, "Roman! I missed you! Come here."

He obeyed without a word and wrapped his arms around me. Once we pulled away, he laid next to me in the bed with one arm wrapped around my small body. I snuggled into him, my head resting on his chest.

"I brought you some carnations." He said. I looked up at him. Something about his voice wasn't right, His beard was just a little bit longer than what it used to be.

I gave him a smile and said thank you.

We laid there in silence for about ten minutes.

Ten minutes because someone else came into the room and when he saw us, he started yelling.

Roman got up off the bed and walked over to the man and they began yelling at each other. I went over to the man and tried to get him away from Roman, but he pushed me into the door.

Pain flowed through my whole body. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes but I held them in.

After the man realized what he did, he came over to me and put his hands on my arms. "Mia, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?!" He kept repeating.

I looked up into the man's eyes and immediately recognized him.

He was Roman.