FORTY

Althea wasn't the bold soul that could make the move. She was a girl who with combined nature and universal decision was wrapped in curse and sheer bad luck. When she learnt how to swim, she snorted the water in her lungs.

She blundered with the instructions, breathing in the water and holding them as she surfaced. It took her two weeks and two hairy chested and balding coach to help her get hang of it.

She was also seventeen when she lost her air pods gifted by her bougie aunt from Vancouver on it's start up week when she tried to flex the gadget to her high school snob in vain. It was an advice from Emily, Althea later justified.

She also bit her dentists hand when he cemented the metallic braces. More than once. Not less than thrice.

Known to be wreck in dire situations Althea Davies was no better after she had her first kiss or was kissed for the first time. When U lifted his gaze to look at her, Althea still felt the tingles of his touch on her lips.

It was cold.

But few seconds ago, it was warm.

So hot and gentle, harsh and sweet. Possessive and promising. And surprising enough for Althea to tear up. Her vision blurred as she sobbed in hushed tone. U, who had no common knowledge of what happens after- was befuddled as he blinked confused.

He opened his mouth, multiple times to say something- But what?

Was this normal?

He thought.

Did I hurt her?

He ran the edge of his tongue across his upper teeth to test if they were sharp. He hadn't bit her, he excused. But then again, he wasn't thinking or was able to think during that time so-

"Are you in pain?" he asked quietly. This made her cry harder, U didn't budged, contrary to it, he totally was keen on finding out.

"What happened?" he asks leaning so that he could see her face which was veiled by her fringes as she angled low. He lowered his posture to stop her from squirming while he was the only person she cowards from.

"I don't know" she squeaked sniffing, wiping her tears with sleeved hem. She then hurries "I can't stop crying" her voice got pathetically whiny as U frowned precisely.

He gave one glance at her tied wrist and hustled to free them. Once he got it off he waited for her to compose. When she didn't-

He then thoughtfully brought up his idea.

"You want me to help you stop?"

Without much provocation Althea nodded.

She jumped when U further mimicked his older action and tried to kiss her.

Again.

"NO" Shrilling she raised her hands in defense "Not like that"

U raised a brow questioning her motives.

"What else do you want? Take this up further?" there was this tiny spark of light In his eyes which diminished when Althea gawked.

Of course it was not that.

For some moment he stared at her passively, then he went for it.

Oh no. Not for the smoochy endearment. But for the tickles. Curling his fingers he exhilarated the easiest gesture to make her laugh. And Althea spurted into the trap. She attempted to slap him off but he was too occupied tickling her side as she giggled. Then laughed, balanced and hypnotic U contained his complex emotions as he did his best not to smile with her.