SIXTEEN

The thus week was a transition.

A stage other than the day passed. But none like same.

Althea noticed. She was coerced to since she only had a plus one resident in her home and he was under her care.

But the worry was the person who exhibited traits as if he cared about nothing seemed to be thoughtful the entire day. Almost as if contemplated the mystery of soul and parallel universe. Almost as if he cared about them. Almost as if his silence now spoke.

Althea dragged in a week, tolerated a week of such behavior while he brushed while thinking-

Stood while thinking-

Sat while thinking-

And even stared- as if doing just that.

Thinking.

Althea literally quacked for a minute in hopes of receiving a displeased stare from him. Highly belittling and if blessed, a scantily insult laced review about her possible mental health.

Nothing of that sort took place.

When Althea began singing No tears left to cry by Ariana grande, she heard a low sigh before he snuggled inside the duvet and covered it up to block out the awful screaming inhabitat.

Althea narrowed her eyes at the man slash boy slash the boy who can pass as an alien slash the boy who heard her and ignored. Her trying demeanor melted as her lips pressed up in slight anger.

"oh no you can't" she growls hissing though the line that separated her small cupid lips. Struggling she got up from the ground that she usually camps on, mostly from past month. Sauntering to his side she rips the comforter away from his face.

He stares blinking rapidly at first, then confusedly, when his vision strays on her he closes them so that he could go back to his broken slumber. But this night Althea wasn't playing on her behavior, she indeed was pissed off. Her anger starved long enough by the thick gates of patience. She had scrambled out of it tonight. It was weekend, her workplace was shut and so was college.

This night was the tracker on her list to interrogate the life, that was if he even had any – of U.

"This one won't work today young man" snapping her finger she grabbed the fabric and cleaved it off him.

This time he made an effort and opened one of his eyes in warning, but Althea seldom paid attention to warnings, so she took hold of his hands that was neatly placed upon one another by his stomach and growled as she tugged.

"Futile" suggested a monotone voice.

"I am not giving up today" she snapped back, breathless as she strained herself.

"Fragile" he commented, fueling her motivation that folds more.

"I am not, you-" pant "are" wheezing "just" more wheezing " an elephant" giving up with a loud whine.

Tearing up she watches him, his ever stern gaze on her from the bed, not even a ruffle or crease from his side while she resembled someone who survived a week on abandoned sauna eating expired rice cakes a day. The large hoodie that was once her brother made real use of, then it was blessed with the honour of being worn by U then finally her caught his attention.

"That's my attire" His eyes fell till it's length that covered her entire upper frame monstrously and stopped in a level on her mid thigh. He then looked up to meet her furious, hair covered, densely annoyed stare- "you are donning my cloth"