TWENTY SEVEN

"When are we going to meet her?"

"Oh holy mother of-

Chris jumped in midst of shower as U barged into the washroom, frightening the day lights out of him. Ripping on to the nearest towel he could find, Christ covered his dignity as water rippled from the shower faucet atop of him.

"You cannot walk in like that and violate someone's privacy" tiptoeing and waddling Chris steps out to an unamused U who was finely dressed in a white long sleeved sweater and a classy dress trouser that Chris had neatly stacked in his emergency escapade luggage in case of him fugitively fleeing the country because of- I guess we know because of what.

"I wouldn't be startled if it was me in your place" Chris frowned as he peeked at U's reflection through the mirror. The luxury hotel they had checked in two nights ago was not homey at all. It was entirely minimalist, giant and too relatable in appearance to the nagging man that Chris tolerated.

Since two days Chris had received a bundle of frights. The more he spent the time with U, the more he saw how different he was now.

Let's begin with the return ride to London after the big revelation night.

U had slouched in the shotgun seat and tucked his knees against the dash board. Something a prim and proper subject would never have done.

He then he had question Chris with the most unexpected thing-

"What's with the resting bitch face mate?"

Chris had almost stirred off coast, a breath away from crashing his car onto the thick Elm tree before he hits the break and gawked at U.

"Did you- is that-

"An informal language?" U with a straight face inspected the can of coke from the drink aisle, he then raised a brow at Chris whose heart felt like it was on meth and mint "yes-I did"

For a minute they both held on to each others gaze- farthest from any affection or love. U then felt the need to keep staring to see just how long can Chris manage to remain stupid and dumb.

"How?" Chris clears his throat, dazed but recovering.

"Internet" and a thought later U adds "Netflix and chill. I am on season three of stranger things as of present"

Chris chokes on his own saliva, U does nothing to pacify the fits of cough. He patiently sat there for it to end. When it did, Chris gulps in some moisture into his drying throat.

"You're learning new things- good" he nods half heartedly, affiliated with the knowledge that U was not indeed entertaining himself, he was learning and experimenting the media he saw. And that had its pros and cons. Maybe- a bit more cons that he'd like. "Anything else you saw?" he asks, bringing the engine back to life.

"Simpsons"

"Hmm- Good" Chris mutters, his driving smoother now and him a notch at ease with the presence of U beside, hoping gravely that U never comes across a movie with a billionaires fantasy with cuffs and blinds. But then his gut twists funnily as he gazes at U from the corner of his eyes. His predictions and analysations runs in spree.

Althea Davis.

The girl had taken a home in his frozen covet. And Chris could see how dependable U was to her. The avalanche of emotions where guarded and shielded within him before it clouds his head and heart. But the tiny sparks from the blazing storm, that somehow shone within- he had seen it today.