THIRTY ONE

Althea was torn.

She was torn in between deciding if she should laugh or admire at U's unfortunate makeover. It was a common lazy evening in Candles and Candies. The day was normal but the month wasn't. So it was a must for Althea to dress in accordance to the festive genre.

Althea had bought U with her, in semblance to the rule put forward by her. U should work along with her so she didn't have to anguish over what the certain individual was up to. But she wasn't prepared for the fit of war she had to endure when she found Charlotte who had been there prior to her to help her in case of increased customers.

She wasn't delighted to see Althea with U, inspite of Altheas persistent assurance that the dispute and doubts had been rectified. Charlotte had obliged to take some harmless revenge of her own.

She had picked the most childish uniform for U which compiled of a stripped jumpsuit, white sleeved T shirt and a santa hat.

U had no idea what it was supposed to make him feel when he saw the cunning smirk on charlotte's face. He changed into the hence overalls and looked at his reflection at the floor length mirror on the stores pillar square.

Charlotte was naked with her merciless reaction as she laughed. Althea on the other hand was lenient with hers as she posted him a thumbs up. It was a disappointment when U refused to react in the manner Charlotte would kill for. But little were they aware that inside the room he had gawked at his reflection for a minute for he was surprisingly self conscious.

"It's okay" Althea rattled a sweet treat jar "You look good"

"He looks like a twelve year old" Charlotte blurted as Althea rolled her eyes.

"You are the one who is acting childish here" she said offering the jar to U so he could pick one of the candies for himself. He dunked out a handful when Charlotte was quick to grab some of it from him.

"You are not going to eat any of this. I own this shop and you are an employee. I set the rules"

U glowered at Charlotte. Althea was mere the only person who could provide him with guideline and laws. So he collects another handful and shoves it inside his pockets. Adjusting his suspenders he walks away from a smiling Althea and flaring Charlotte.

"He's cute isn't he?" Althea grumbles popping a bonbon into her mouth as she cringed when she realized U could eavesdrop even if he wasn't intended to do that. Her compliment would give him wrong ideas.

But were they wrong even?

"You are delusional" Charlotte retorted snappily "He could be a murderer, a con artist or worse- he could be a serial killer who likes to butcher bodies into piec-"

Althea smoldered her lips so she could suppress the irrational imaginations.

"shh- he could hear you" Althea whispers terrified.

Exhaling loudly as soon as Althea removed her hands, Charlotte frowned at her.

"He is in the next aisle you idiot" she whisper yells as Althea sheepishly scratches her neck.

"Can you give me my uniform and stop with this paranoias? Its time" Althea wheeled the subject but was in for a surprise when Charlotte pulled out a red short Christmas dress with similar santa hat that U wore.

It was paired up with skinny black stockings and high heels.

"I am not wearing that" Althea anything but declared formally with an easy smile. She was hundred percent determined that her friend was joking around.