13~ A Happy ending

Well well well!
This is the last chapter of this book  and im dedicating it to.......

Let the best be the last, my wonderful friend......I remember telling her of this idea and how she was intruiged before I published it out. I wanted to give up on this book and not write it now but she encouraged me, telling me she got my back.

She has always being a day one supporter and someone who keeps helping me believe in myself.

She also made the new book cover for me.

I'm dedicating it to.............my crazy, werey, funny, phone parrot, fight buddy, Wattpad bestie......._plehthora

I love you and you know our love is till death do us apart.

If you haven't read her book then you are missing ooooooooooooo
**********************************
I will advice to listen to conquerer by Jamal ft Estelle.

I've being trying to call Fidelis since last week and no response so far. He only told me he was going to port Harcourt for some work.

The night he left, I called him but his phone was switched off. I called the next day but customer was busy. I sent messages but got no reply in return.

I began to worry, did I offend him? Obviously not, we only have little arguments but got over it; I mean every relationship must have little arguments and that's all.

Did he get into an accident? Was something wrong with him? I've being having irrelevant thoughts ever since I didn't hear from him.

My insecurities began to rise as my birthday approaches, was that why?

No, no! I shrug over the thought, Fidelis was way bigger than that.
*********************************

I wake up to the bright light in my eyes known as morning. Ever since i left Ajegunle and moved to lekki, I seem to wake up late.

While in Ajegunle, as early as five, different houses were playing old records. Those memories were one to never forget. Those songs were like national anthem in Ajegunle.  Lekki was just so quiet and private, staying alone made it worse. I miss Ajoke, I miss Ebi and I miss our baby in the house, Kelechi.

I hear knocks on my door, as I lazily get up from my bed, I walk over to the living room, unlock my door as I got the best surprise of my life.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Tari, Happy birthday to you!" I squeal in happiness as I hug Joke and Ebi."

They came, I wasn't expecting them them to.

"We wish you, many happy returns on your day, long life, and prosperity, hip hip hip, hurray!" They clapped as Ajoke finds her way into my house, placing the cake they brought along with them on my table.

"I...I am startled, I wasn't expecting this," i tell them smiling.

"Even if i was in America, I would fly down to Nigeria for this special day," Ajoke tells me.

" Abeg, make we start to dey chop the cake," Ebi speaks as both Joke and I look at her with an irritated look.

(When can we start eating the cake?)

Her pidgin English always made us annoyed, she made the language look bad whenever she spoke it.

" E don tey wey I beat person pikin, is like you be next oo," Joke tells her and we all chuckle.

(It's being long since I last fought, maybe you and I will soon fight)
**********************************

"I can't believe you guys made a party for me," I tell Ajoke and Ebi as they take me to the location where my surprise party was held. I've being looking at my phone searching for any birthday messages from Fidelis, I was baffled when i saw none.