6~ Fidelis

Dedicated to michelle18uzoma
**********************************

People Won't know the full story if you don't tell them. People will keep judging from the angle they see and understand most.

Two days after that incident; the lively Joke was gone. Knowing fully that whenever she took a step back to the past, those memories and how she was used, the traumatizing moment she went through, I made sure to comfort her.

That foolish Femi and his useless family that even made it hard on her. I know what she did to Damilola made no sense but Damilola also added to Joke's pain while she was pregnant.

We all used to be friends and after Joke got pregnant, Dami showed her true colour. I remember Joke and Dani fighting with their fist while Joke was pregnant and Joke was sure to beat the hell out of her.

"Joke, I'm going for that ushering job o, take care and make sure you eat or else i will unfriend you," i threaten playfully trying to cheer her up.

" Mo ti gbo, take care Sha," she replies. Her voice was low and broken; it was as if she was been forced to reply.

(I have heard you, take care)
*************************************

Dressed in a black fitted skirt with slit at the back, a white button down shirt, a four inch stilleto; i stood close to some guest attending to their needs.

Been an usher isn't one of the best job and at the same time it is. Not been the best job is how you tend to the needs of people in an event, the walking and circling around. Been the best, in the sense that you get paid that day with the least amount of money #5000.

The hall was packed with people of big status, it was obvious that the man that retired was a big man. The expensive lace the women wore, the expensive suit and cologne the men wore, the cars that parked outside showed them all.

We were over thirty girls who were offered this work and we would be paid a total of #10,000 just for today. I was signaled by one of my fellow usher to come over to where she was. I gently walk to her as my feet were killing me from wearing heels for over four hours.

"You remember me?" A deep suave voice ask as soon as I walked over to where my fellow usher asked me to come.

It was the same guy I met at the club, his name was....I tried remembering but I couldn't, I knew his name started with an 'f '

I shake my head denying him, who would have thought I'd see him here, considering the event it was obvious the guy must be a prominent person.

He scrutinizes me before speaking again, "i'm sure you were the one I saw at the club the other night," the table he was sitting on had three other prominent men there, they all looked at me as soon as he said 'the girl from the club'.

Do you know that feeling when you stomach churns? I wanted to hit the guy on his face. I have denied him already, shouldn't his sense tell him to ignore.

"You were dressed in a short red armless gown?" He asked rhetorically as i give him the, 'REALLY?' look.

"I don't remember or know you and you are definitely mistaken." I replied dragging every single word of mine making sure he understood the message I was trying to pass across.

The men on the table looked at him and then at me before giving him an eye signal, i suddenly felt embarrassed.
********************************

After keeping my money in my purse, I gently walk to the bus station. The BRT (BUS RAPID TRANSIT) have closed for the day since it was past ten in the night. The event was held at 'Mile12'