7~ Fate has no date

Dedicated to maramartha
***********************************

My mother once told me, when death calls, the person death calls becomes deaf of all words. Ignoring all the words being said to them, they do what their mind tells them to do and what they set their heart to.

Can fate be postponed? The question I keep asking myself each time. Fate can be if God wants it to, but asides that one can still heed to the warning to postpone fate.

This misfortune wouldn't have fallen on her if only she had listened to Joke's warning.

Kelechi, too bad we parted too soon!

48 hours Ago

"What kind of job is that, Kelechi?" Joke ask with an irritated voice.
Kelechi just told us she was leaving for Anambra state today.

For what? You may want to know. According to her, she said that there were going to a very big event hosted by billionaires. They needed just fifty girls and a girl gets one million naira just for a night.

We were all in awe of the amount and baffled at the same time. No matter how rich and stupid any rich man would be, they wouldn't give out one million naira each to fifty girls!

And fifty girls?! What kind of party is that?!

"My spirit does not like this kind of thing oo, Kelechi, the idea is stupid!" Joke tells her. We were all concerned. All the way from Lagos to Anambra just for one million naira. It's too risky.

"Even me, Ajoke, would not take the risk you are taking ooo," Ajoke speaks pulling her ears to warn Kelechi.

"Please and please, you guys should mind your  business if you won't be supportive!" Kelechi shuns all all by her voice.

"And what do you mean, ' even you Ajoke would not take the risk?' " kelechi mimicks. "So you mean, you are the only one who has the right to get the goodies in this life abi! I never knew you were an enemy of progress!" Kelechi claps surprising all of us by her  attitude.

Kelechi would never raise her voice and even if she did, it wouldn't be on Joke. She adored and worshipped Joke. She respected Joke than any one of us and this attitude surprised us all.

Joke scoff, shaking her head in misery for Kelechi. "Enemy of progress? Why would i be jealous ehn? If I wanted to go, i would and right now I know this trip to Anambra is risky!" Joke shouts now trying to convince her.

'kilo kan mi,
I'm getting money,
Bigi money,
So what is funny?
Who be dis kid?
Pour the whiskey
Get tipsy.........'

Kelechi sings to Davido latest song that has been trending for a while now. She thinks this is funny.

"Kelechi, please I beg you, if you love and respect me like you have always shown, you'd not go to this place! The dream last night had scared me to death!" Joke cries out, gently pleading for Kelechi to hear her.

Kelechi hisses, "Joseph the dreamer! Farabale, i no go die now, if I get the cash, we go use am flex," she whine trying to shrug all that we have just said to her.

(Patience, I'm not dieing now, Joseph the dreamer. If I get money now, we will all use it together)

"Money! money!! money!!! Money is the root of all evil and I'm sure those fake billionaires that are calling you guys have ulterior motives!" Ebi screamed.

We've all been there for each other, either good or bad, it was always us. Though we act razz but we all actually needed a faze so as not to be easily broken.

As much as irrational Joke could be, she never failed to pray to God each day, she was sure to go to different Alfa or prophet to ask for prayer upon her and ber family and friends.

"If you guys keep acting this way, I would believe you all are selfish!" she tells us and before we knew it, she left acting daft to all our plea for her to stay.

Now
The reporter gives details to the fifty girls found dead in the bush on Awka road, Anambra state. They were all naked, some part of their body were gone. Some lost their breast, while some their eyes. Some were dried up like that of people with kwashiorkor. Immidately we saw Kelechi's body, we all screamed crying as we hugged each other.

If only she had heard our warning. She called us that night she left, telling us she was inside the bus with the girls going to Anambra. She said things weren't strange and our hunches were wrong.

She promised to call us as soon as she got there, but she never did.

We prayed for her that night, asking God for her protection. Two days after, news began to spread and that news got to us.

My mother has always adviced me, no matter how broke you are, do not let money deceive you into doing the most embarrassing thing in your life.

Even though my friends slept with men for money, I was a one man, one woman person. I did all kinds of work as long as it fetches me clean money. My mother also adviced  me, never let any situation break you to the level of stupidity that all you think about is how people live their life.

Ramson broke me, I lost hope in love and I still do but some part within me knows there is love but i haven't come across it yet.

Kelechi! Too bad you left sooner than expected. The tears in my eyes finally freed themselves. Joke freezed when she first heard the news for the first time, she nearly lost consciousness.

Joke loved Kelechi, Kelechi was the youngest amongst us, she was just 23 years old. Joke was older than i and Ebi with months, we are all 25.

Joke had always warned Kelechi not to follow her footsteps. Joke always adviced her to stay away. As crazy as joke was, she knew the lifestyle she was living was bad but she was in too deep to revive herself. And even though she could, she couldn't at the same time. Being the breadwinner of her family wasn't a small responsibility.

Her father had stroke, her mother had an accidental that cut one of her legs off. She has been paying for their treatment and making sure they lived well. Her younger sister in the university was also her responsibility, her seven year old son was also a tough responsibility for her, talkless of the workers she payed to look after her parents.

She would die if her younger sister lives the way she lived so she made sure to provide all her younger sister wanted. She took Kelechi as her younger sister and have made sure she taught her all she needed to know, but as the saying goes, ' a word is enough for the wise!'

This chapter is Unedited

What a tragic chapter?!
I feel bad for the loss of Kelechi.
I didn't change anything,
This is the plot of the story and there are just few chapters to go before I end this book.

Vote, comment and share