11~ Letting go

Dedicated to ur_favouritexx

No coming back oo, no coming back, when you see say i do dey with another person, baby no coming back oo
****************************

A month has passed since Ramson drama and Joke's engagement announcement. joke travelled early this morning to osun state with Chinedu to meet her parents.

Luckily for me, supervisor Gift have been transferred to Lokoja, kogi state after my incident. I even heard she was almost fired for her outburst on me at the event that took place in Lekki Austoria's.

I wonder who might have dealt with her. Its being a week since I last saw Fidelis, although we chat on WhatsApp. He visited me twice after that night. Slowly slowly I was warming up to him and liking his company.

He was in Abuja doing some business. I got to know about him and  his family. The man whose birthday I ushered for was his uncle from his father side.

His father twin brother was the governor of Lagos State. I was in awe of his family ties as they were all prominent people. Fidelis was a marine engineer and was 27 years old.

When he told me of his status and his achievements, I marvelled at how God blessed some people.

"Tari, Joke said I should tell you she has reached osun state o, " Ebi tells me as she enters my palour with a wrapper wrapped around her waist and a singlet.

"So quick, that's good sha," i tell her.

"So it is you and I that are remaining oo, Joke wants to marry, where is our own man?" She chuckles lightly.

"My own man is in traffic, he has not reach yet," i tell her and we both laughed at my comment.

"So na traffic hold your man for road? You even get man self?" She questions.

"I don't have one and for now I need a break."

********************************

Its not July yet and the way the weather keeps changing is scary oo. The heavy downfall of rain made me wait inside the canteen I just ate to avoid getting wet. After some minutes, the rain began to drizzle. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to leave the canteen and go home.

I went to mile 12 to buy yam and decided to stop by a canteen to eat. As I wait in search of an okada (bike) the thunder cries out signaling that the rain will fall again soon.

"Tari?" An Hummer Jeep parks in front of me, winding the glass down, I see the owner which turns out to be Fidelis.

"Hey," I greet back waving at him.

"Get in, he tells me," i gently pick my tuber of yam in a sack and put them in the back seat. I enter the front seat and settle down gently.

"Thanks," i tell him putting on my seat belt.

As soon as he packed close to my building, i thanked him and take out the sack of yam from the back.

"Tari," he calls as I was about to leave

"Can I pick you up tonight, for a date?" He ask and I was shocked by his action

"Ah..." He cuts me off. He Comes down from car, walking over to meet me.

"I won't go around beating around the bush like a teenager, I like you Tari and i would like to know you more," he tells me looking directly into my eyes.

I was intruiged by his action and move, while many guys would say 'i just wanna be your friend' He went straight to saying what he wants.

But do I want the same? I'm not ready for any relationship right now. Fidelis is good, no doubt but I need a break.

"I don't wanna hear your reply because it's either a yes or yes option," he tells me.

"And i would choose neither, see Fidelis, you know my story and I'm not proud of any, you are a nice guy but relationship are just not on my to do list."

"I get you are scared Tari, i get you feel like a rotten product but that's not your decision to make because your past doesn't concern me, people make mistake and as long as you are willing to let go and start again, you will forget gradually," he tells me coming closer.

Slowly he held my wrist softly, I began to feel tingles on my skin again. "Let me help you forget," he speaks softly, his words were like drugs as i couldnt help but stare at his eyes.

"I will pick you up by seven this evening, dress comfortably," he tells me and his next move caught me off guard. His lips came in contact with my skin leaving me in awe.

His expensive cologne were strong and I loved the smell of it, intoxicating and powerful.
*******************************

"This one wey be say you dey go on date, na only me remain ooo!" Ebi squeal in excitement as she touches my make up.

(It looks like I'm the only one remaining with no man)

" Abeg no dey speak pidgin, dey force you no?" I exclaim. Her pidgin English were terrible, it was as if an Hausa man was speaking Yoruba for the first time.

(Please stop speaking pidgin English as if you were forced to speak it)

She chuckles at my outburst as she begins to ask me questions about Fidelis and everything related to him.

******************************

I wasn't expecting the date to go this well, He took me to Federal Palace hotel and casino at Victoria island to have dinner. I was in awe of the environment and their level of attendance to their customer.

When I saw the menu, my breath caught on my throat at how expensive a red wine was. I made sure to order the cheapest of all in the menu so as not to trespass, fidelis must have noticed as he asked me thrice if I was sure that was what i wanted.

They made delicious food and their level of catering was a hundred percent.

When we got to spar, he said he wanted to do shopping for his younger sister and kept asking for my preference for all the outfits, he said she was the same body size as me. We got vegetables and fruits, chocolate, ice cream and bread and many more.

When we got the receipt of the goods, I open my mouth mentally, it was over seventy three thousand naira.

When he dropped me off at home, he gave me all the goods we shopped for in spar and told me they were all mine.

I was shocked. He confessed to knowing i wouldn't have rejected if he told me they were for me.

He also confessed to being the last child of his parents and having no sister, i had no choice but to collect them all.

"Goodnight," I tell him and what he did next shock me.

He kissed me softly on my lips. "I know it wasn't supposed to go this way but I prefer being told goodnight and getting a kiss." He chuckles.

"Goodnight," he tells me.

Before i entered my house, I didn't know where I got the confident from or what made me do what i did next as i turned to see Fidelis still standing......I kissed him!

Unedited
Hello people?!!!
This book ending soon!
Tell someone about this book and please, vote too.

An update might come this night or tomorrow....and its the second to last chapter.

Tari kissed fidelis, what made her do so?

Vote comment ans share!