~ČĤÁPŤĔŔ 10~

The path to the abandoned house is a bit over grown but its nothing Tyler's G-Wagon can't handle.

They ride in complete silence until they get to their destination. The dilapidated house which is in the middle of the woods for some reason is in even worse shape than they remember.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Tyler asks, stepping out of the car.

"Clues, anything out of the ordinary," Xander says.

"Its a house in the woods, the whole thing is out of the ordinary," Miley says, "maybe it was used by a killer. He probably brought his victims here so no one would hear their screams as he ends their lives."

"Stop it!" Savannah says, "you're scaring me."

"Sorry."

They stand in front of the house. "Okay, let's do this," Xander says with determination and they all agree but none of them move from their spot.

"Come on guys, don't tell me you're scared," Miley says, trying to sound tough.

"Why don't you go in first?" Jacob suggests.

"Jacqueline should go first," Savannah says, "if you've really changed, prove it."

"How does entering a hunted house prove anything," Jacqueline asks but Savannah's glare prevents her from asking anymore questions, "okay, I'll do it."

"Am I doing it?" She asks, trying to walk forward but the fear prevents her from actually doing anything, she's still on the same spot.

"You haven't moved an inch," Miley says. Jacqueline closes her eyes and concentrates harder, repeatedly telling herself that she can do it.

Xander sighs and decides to take the bold step, they, except Jacqueline whose eyes are still closed, follow him in.

"I did it!" Jacqueline exclaims when she finally takes a tiny step, she looks around and sees that she's the only one outside. She runs after them.

The house is furnished but everything is covered in thick layers of dust and cobwebs. The air is stuffy and stale, making it hard to breathe.

They look around for a few minutes, not finding anything useful. Jacqueline looks out the bedroom window, the reflection of the sun's rays on the Tyler's windshield catches her attention.

She realizes that there's a car beside Tyler's which wasn't there before. Its the car that had been picking Xandra up at night.

Jacqueline taps the person closest to her who happens to be Savannah.

"What's wrong with you? Don't touch me!" Before Jacqueline can explain she starts to walk away but Jacqueline pulls her to the window and shows her the car. The driver hasn't come out of the car yet but the reflection is preventing them from seeing his face.

Savannah gasps, "Xander!" She yells, running out of the room and colliding with Tyler.

"Woah, what happened?" He asks.

"He's here!" Savannah says, freaking out.

"Who's here?" Xander asks, walking towards them, Miley and Jacob follow. The sound of the front door opening and closing doesn't allow her to answer.

They all rush into the bedroom and Miley tries to close the door quietly but it creaks.

They run around the room, looking for hiding places. Tyler hides under the bed, immediately regretting his decision because of the amount of dust and cobwebs but he doesn't dare come out. Savannah, Miley and Jacob hide in the bathroom, Jacqueline is about to enter too but Savannah shoves her out and closes the door.

Jacqueline considers hiding under the bed with Tyler but the ground is too dirty, she can't leave the room to hide somewhere else because the door creaks and she can hear the footsteps of the supposed killer moving around the house, they may cross paths if she leaves. She wanders around the room for a few more seconds, looking for where to hide until someone pulls her into the closet.

She's about to scream but the person covers her mouth. "Calm down, its me," Xander whispers.

She sighs in relief but stiffens when she realizes how close they are, the closet is really small and tight. Being in a small space with her crush makes her face turn red. Luckily, the closet is dark so Xander doesn't notice.

Jacqueline starts breathing heavier as the footsteps come closer and the door creaks, meaning someone is opening it.

The footsteps move around the small room, it stops for a few seconds, then continues. Its stops in front of the closet but from the small space in between the closet doors, they can see that he's not looking in their direction.

Jacqueline's eyes widen when the guy leans on the closet doors. She starts shaking with fear and her legs start to feel like jelly.

Xander pulls her closer to him and she buries her face in his chest. Her heart beats even faster, either because of how close she is to Xander or how close she is to the killer, or maybe both.

A few seconds later, the killer walks out of the room and into the next. They use the opportunity and come out of the closet and bathroom then they quietly bolt out the house and into the car. Xander doesn't waste time in starting it.

"Someone's missing," Jacqueline says as Xander starts to reverse.

"Where's Ty?" Miley asks and Xander runs over something.

"What was that?" Savannah asks, praying that its not who she thinks it is. Xander moves forward and runs over the thing again.

"Stop the car!"

They all come out to see Tyler lying on the ground, groaning in pain.

"Oh my God!" Savannah exclaims.

"We ran over his leg," Jacob says.

"Xander ran over his leg," Miley says.

"Me?!"

"Yes, you're the one who was driving."

"I wasn't looking because I was too busy trying to get us to safety."

"You ran over Ty!"

"It was an accident!"

"What are we gonna tell his parents!"

Jacqueline looks towards the house and sees the silhouette of someone standing by the window, its too dark inside to see the person's face.

"Guys...he's looking at us," she says. Xander and Miley stop arguing and look towards the house.

"Lets get out of here," Xander says.

They carry Tyler into the car and drive to the nearest hospital.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

So they had an encounter with the killer, sort of, and Tyler's leg got crushed, could've been worse

U know d drill. 💜 u lots 😘😘😘