~ČĤÁPŤĔŔ 4~

Savannah

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

"Xander," Mrs. Kresge knocks on the door and without waiting for an answer, opens it. "Xan......." She pauses when she sees Xander and Jacqueline lying on the bed, less than an inch away from each other. Xander wakes up at his mother's sudden entry.

"Xander."

"Mom....." He starts, thinking of a lie. She put her hands on her waist as a looked at him angrily.

"Seriously? How many times do I have to scream your name? Come on sleepy head, breakfast is ready. And bring your guest too," Mrs. Kresge says and leaves a confused Xander.

A few minutes later, Xander comes down stairs with Jacqueline in tow.

"Mom..." Xander starts again, "I-"

"Its okay."

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not, I can never be mad at my baby boy," Mrs. Kresge says, pinching Xander's cheeks. Jacqueline 'aww's, wishing she had the kind of relationship with her mom that Xander has with his.

"Where's dad?"

"He already left for work."

"Of course." Xander mutters under his breath. Since Xandra's death, Mr. Kresge has been spending more time at work, maybe he feels that he didn't work enough for Xandra. Or he's just avoiding Xander because he reminds him of Xandra.

"Well, I have to leave too, don't wanna be late, don't forget to stuff your face with food. Bye Xander." Mrs. Kresge gives Xander a kiss on his cheek. "Bye Jackie." She does the same to Jacqueline then hurries out the front door.

Jacqueline touches the spot where she was kissed, "my mom never kissed me on my cheek or pinched my cheek or called my cute pet names," she says, "she doesn't show me affection."

"Well mine shows too much and its annoying, she finds a girl in my bed and does nothing," Xander frowns.

"You want to be punished?"

"Yes-no.....I don't know, I just want her to care."

"She probably blames herself for Xandra's death, she doesn't want the same thing to happen to you.....she saw me last night, when I went downstairs for a glass of water. She almost had a heart attack, she thought I was Xandra."

The doorbell rings. "I'll get it," Jacqueline says, walking towards the front door. She opens it to see Savannah, Miley, Jacob and Tyler.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Miley asks harshly, ready to pounce on Jacqueline.

"Hey guys," Xander walks towards them.

"Xander, what is she doing here?" Tyler asks with venom laced in his words, making Jacqueline to hide behind Xander.

"I can leave if you want," Jacqueline says timidly.

"Yes, please leave," Miley says.

"No," Savannah, the peacemaker, says, "lets just do what we came here for and leave."

"Fine, but why is she here?" Miley asks Xander, shoving him aside to enter the house. The others follow.

"She's staying here until her parents get back from their trip," Xander answers.