Chapter 23

Dylan woke up when he heard whisperings in the room. His head still aching with too much information.

Veronica: ilayo nyo ang batang yan ay Dylan!!! Papatayin nya—

Dylan: (his voice deadly) Get out of this room, Veronica, if you want your body to remain intact.

Veronica: Pero Dylan—

Dycon: PAPA!!!

Dylan: Come here, Dycon.

                Dycon jump beside him, buried his face against his chest and sobbed.

Dycon: I’m sorry. Hindi ko sinasadya.

Dylan: it’s ok, Dycon.

Dycon: Lagi na lang kita nasasaktan sa kapangyarihan ko. Dapat po ata sumama na lang ako kina Julian—

Dylan: NO!! you will not leave me, Dycon. You are my son and you’re mother has taken you away from me for five years!!! Hindi mo ako iiwan ngayon.

Dycon: You angry with her?

Dylan: Let’s not talk about her. Ang mahalaga magkasama na tayo. Hinid na tayo uulit magkakahiwalay ha.

Dycon: how about mama?

Dylan: I don’t know, Dycon. Iniwan ka nya sakin dahil alam nyang hindi kita pababayaan.

Dycon: you will still look for her right?

Dylan: Bakit pa hahanapin ang isang taong ayaw magpakita? She does not want to be seen and I’d rather use my time with you.

Dycon: But…

                Doon nya lang napansin ang mga bampirang nakapaligid sa kanila. With them are the hunters.

Julian: you don’t know how the queen sacrificed her—

Felix: Julian, mukhang buo na ang desisyon nya sa pagkakaalala nya sa ating reyna. Let it be that way. Umalis na tayo.

Lucille: Si Dycon?

Garrett: Let us not complicate this already difficult situation. Umalis na tayo.

Lucille: But-

Garett: I am the second in command after Jayden. Wala na si Jayden so you better follow me. Tara na.

                The vampires disappear and hunters frowned.

Nico: what the— ilang araw na pala silang nandito, ni wala man lang nakaramdam!?

Dylan: With them is Julian, the last wizard. He equals my power.

Vlad: ugh.. bakit kailangang maging ganito kahirap ang sitwasyon natin?

Phillip: Because unlike from the past, nagkaroon na tayo ng puso at isip.

Dylan: The history keeps on repeating itself!! Damn it!!

********

              She is dying..she can feel the ray of the sun burning her flesh.. And no one seems to fall into her bait for food. Her throat drained with blood and her oxygen used up after trying for the nth time to break the blasted wall. The power in her eyes worn out with power and she can’t see clearly anymore….

*******

             Kinabukasan, napilitang magtrabaho si Dylan dahil may masang-sang na amoy na kumakalat sa university. Galing daw ito sa gubat pero wala namang makakita kung saan ito nanggagaling.