Chapter 17

Cassandra woke up from her usual endless dark dream... And once her eyes met the beautiful morning, she smiled. Her kingdom's safe for now...but at least... her people can live peacefully until she had tracked down Neziah and Stefan again. They escaped together with a few Vampire Generals. But her knights got the chance to kill the majority of their group. She inhaled the fresh scent of the morning dew...

"Good morning, mama," Dycon greeted.

She smiled own at her son, "Dycon.."

"You look..stunning."

"Thank you, my little prince. But isn't that compliment supposed to be later? I am still messed from my bed."

"But you are now, mama. Let's eat our breakfast."

"ok. Magpapalit lang—"

Dycon tugged at her hand, "No need,mama. Tayo pa lang ang gising pati si Lady Lucille. You don't have to look presentable when all the vampires are dead tired after the fuss yesterday."

"But I should always look—"

"I'm starving.." reklamo ng anak nya.

"Ugh..fine, my prince."

Wearing only her nightgown and a pair of slippers, they both went down the kitchen where the food is being cooked. She stopped in front of the door when she saw Dylan. He's about to drink his coffee when their eyes met. Their gaze lingers a little at each other before Dycon tugged her towards the mini table.

"Good morning, Dylan!!" Dycon excitedly greeted the man.

"Morning, Dycon. Cassandra."

Dylan almost broke the mug when she saw Cassandra with her son. She looks so beautiful in the morning. Her hair a little messy and her eyes still drowsy from sleep. But when their eyes met, he is sure she felt the same thing as he. He didn't expect the queen to walk out of her room wearing only her wholesome nightgown...but he decided that it's not that wholesome when Julian walked in and glanced up and down over Cassandra's body. He wanted to strangle that man for even thinking of Cassandra in any other way.

Cassandra seem to avoid his gaze or even talking to him after he blurted out that stupid line. Yesterday...when he said it to her... he saw the fear filled her eyes...

'Yes, Stupid. Talagang matatakot sya sa sinabi mo? How can she be involved with you..a hunter..a FREAKING MASTER HUNTER.'

Cassandra almost choked when a mug fly and made itself coffee and the mug went to Julian. She just shrugged at him... a wizard's trick.

"So, I didn't know the queen of vampires is having her breakfast in here."

"I'm just not in the mood to eat in a very big long table where you have to shout before we can hear someone clearly."

"and I also didn't know you're leaving your room with that—"

"Julian." Dylan called the wizard, his eyes narrowing.

"yes, hunter?"

"Would you like me to pour acid in your mouth?"

Lalong lumawak ang pagkakangisi ni Julian, "Jealous, hunter? Haven't you noticed her sexy—"

"Or would you like me to stitch it so slowly?"

Julian rolled his eyes, "ok. I'll shut up."

Cassandra just took a glance at Dylan's grim face. Dycon on the other hand talked to Julian... He is amazed by his magic power like a normal child would be.

"Can you teach me a few tricks, sir?" Dycon asked Julian.

"Si."

"Yes??"