fifteen

"Honey, have you seen my black strapless top? I don't have another top that matches these bottoms."

"I think it's on the bathroom floor with my leopard bottoms," I called from the other side of the room where I was slathering sunscreen on my face.

We had been at the beach for three days already, and all we had really done was swam, tanned, and ate. It was relaxing and exhausting at the same time; long periods in the sun would do that to you.

I had pretty much avoided David the whole trip so far. We were in such close quarters, but that meant Ester was close to. It was better to be daydreaming about kissing him with Ester sleeping in the bed next to me than to be actually kissing him with Ester moments from waking up.

"Found it!" she called, and I nodded to myself, beginning to french braid my hair to keep it out of my face. We were in a suite with three bedrooms; Ms. Dobrik got the master, David got the one with the queen bed, and Ester and I got the one with bunkbeds. Bunkbeds were scary, and as someone who only hated heights a little bit less than Ester, being stuck on the top bunk was a nightmare. "I got so burnt yesterday. I'm a dumbass."

"I told you to put on sunscreen," I singsonged. "You're gonna get skin cancer, baby. Or premature wrinkles.

"Not wrinkles!" Ester gasped dramatically. "Where's your sunscreen?"

I tried to point to it with my elbow since my hands were taken. She snatched it off the vanity and began lathering up her shoulders. I asked, "are we doing beach or pool today?"

"I'm wearing strapless, so pool if that's okay."

I finished getting ready, pulling on a red strapless top and some matching bottoms that were almost too small for me.

"How are you so pretty?" Ester sighed, staring at me. "You're already so tan. And your boobs are so much bigger than mine. And you're shorter. Life is so unfair."

"Shut up. You're prettier than me."

"I think I have body dysmorphia. That, or I'm actually shaped like a plank of wood. I don't know which is worse."

"Definitely the mental disorder," I giggled. "I'm ready. Should we eat some breakfast before we go down?"

"All we have is cereal, but yeah. Let me grab my flip flops."

We ate some fruity pebbles, and were almost out the door when David walked out of his bedroom. He asked, "where are you guys going?"

His eyes never left my chest.

"The pool," I answered him, trying to get his attention away from my body so Ester didn't notice it. "Do you want to come with us?"

"You're too nice to him," Ester grabbed my arm and yanked me out the door. "Bye, David!"

I sent a sorry wave over my shoulder and stumbled after her.

Ester and I sat at the pool until we thought our insides were cooking, then we came back upstairs to eat sandwiches and shower to get ready for our dinner tonight.

Ms. Dobrik had already explained to us that we were supposed to be having an expensive, fancy dinner tonight, and we were supposed to dress accordingly. I had packed one dress, the dress I had bought for homecoming at one of my old schools before we moved and never got to wear.

It was strapless and white, a soft satin material that poofed out at the waist and again a little above the knees. It was the classiest dress I owned, and I just hoped it worked.

After curling my hair and putting on a little more makeup than usual, I put the dress on and paired it with red heels to match my red lipstick.

Luckily, Ester was just as dressed up as me. She was wearing a pink dress with some sparkle to it and white pumps. Her hair was pin straight down her back, and her makeup was dark and smokey.

We forced Ms. Dobrik to take Instagram pictures of us while we waited on David to finish getting ready... not because he took the longest, but because he waited on us to be ready before he even got off the couch.

He finally came out about ten minutes later, in dress pants and a black button up shirt. It was probably the prettiest thing I'd ever seen. He looked unbelievably good, and I couldn't help but stare with a slightly dropped jaw.

We walked out side by side, as Ester was distracted with trying to convince her mom to let us go to a party with some boys we met earlier at the pool.

"You clean up nice," I told him, and he rolled his eyes.

"I do? You look like you should be on Deal or No Deal. You're beyond pretty," he smiled. "If the whole being a nurse thing doesn't work out, you could be the next Vanna White."

"You should come with us to the party, if we can go."

"Oh, Honey Badger, you're so innocent," David looked too amused, but I was just confused. "If guys invited you to a party, you can't bring another guy. That's not how it works."

"Why not?"

"They want to fuck you, baby," he explained, and I frowned at his word choice. "They weren't just being nice."

"I think they were more interested in Ester," I countered. "I was wearing an ugly swimsuit. It's too small for me. They probably thought I was fat."

"Considering you don't have an ounce of fat anywhere fat shouldn't be, I don't think that's the case. They thought you had a nice ass, so they invited you to their lame party."

"You should come," I told him again. We were nearing the rental car.

"I'll think about it."

That was a yes. Pachoo. That was the noise a whip makes.

We ate dinner (I got a tuna steak with jasmine rice, if you were wondering), and the entire time, Ester was trying to convince Ms. Dobrik to let us go.

"Why would they kill us? They followed us on Instagram. They'll clearly be suspects."

"You shouldn't let them go to some random boy's hotel room alone," David said, and I turned to discreetly glare at him. He was supposed to be on my side, yet here he was betraying me. "That's sketchy."

"You think I don't know that, David?" Ms. Dobrik snapped. "Ester, please."

"I'm going to cry if you say no."

Ester was a bit of a brat. So was I. We made a good team.

I kicked David under the table and sent him another dirty look. I realized he never wanted me to go to the party in the first place, and that made me mad. He acted like he'd figure out how to help me, when the whole time he knew he wouldn't.

"You're acting like a bitch," David said to Ester, but I was pretty sure it was more directed at me. "We're worried for your safety."

"Oh, yeah, so going to some nice boys from Georgia's hotel room is unsafe, but using your fake ID to get drunk at the hotel bar and talk to redheads with fake tits is fine," Ester narrowed her eyes at him, and I gasped, both at the fact that this was really going down in the middle of a classy restaurant and the fact that David was apparently seen talking to a redhead with fake boobs. "You are unbelievable. You love to make sure I have no fun, while you're doing much worse stuff than me."

"Fuck off—"

"Be quiet, both of you," Ms. Dobrik scolded, a motherly tone overtaking her voice. "We have a guest. Stop acting like children. David, you'll go with your sister and her friend to the party."

"Unless you're too busy with the redhead," I tried to look innocent and hide my smirk so everyone else would think I'd mean it.

"Ha!" Ester smiled smugly. "Suck my dick."

"Hey!"

Vote and comment
Ester exposito is stunnig
Im sleepy
Goodnight
Xoxo abby